Sir Blogsalot has written quite a bit about the idea of simple interoperation, each post developing some aspect of the idea.
Recently I combined all the ideas in a single PPT presentation. You can download it by clicking here to leave the Gartner Blogs web site and then clicking on the link to the presentation.
It will come from my personal web site for two reasons.
- I offer it under a creative commons license that allows you to use it as you wish, including incorporating it in commercial material.
- Gartner’s policy for blogging is not to post files in formats that might be dangerous. My laptop seems well protected by and my web site is maintained by a seemingly reliable ISP but I urge that you use the same precautions that you would or should when downloading any Office document — just in case.
There is some new material in the presentation that is not in any of the previous blogs on the topic. This includes:
- An idea about structuring the roll-out into “quick” and “extensive” phases with the quick phase hopefully sufficient to meet the minimum interoperability measures for Stage 1 of the criteria for receiving the meaningful use incentive. The “extensive” phase is more scalable.
- Discussion of the relationship to disease registries.
- Expanded use cases cast in terms of the meaningful use requirements.
- A discussion of business opportunities for open source and proprietary providers of technology, hardware and services.
- Some open issues are cited.
After you have reviewed the presentation I would love to hear your comments added to this blot posting. You are free to re-use the presentation as you wish, but I would appreciate a comment here, an email or a tweet letting me know how you are using it.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Top Strategic Predictions for 2019 and Beyond: Practicality Exists Within Instability
Technology-based change is happening continuously, and most organizations struggle to see the change in advance. Continuous change can...
View Relevant Webinars
Category: healthcare-providers interoperability vertical-industries
Tags: arra disease-registry health-internet health-record-bank healthcare-interoperability hie meaningful-use personal-health-record phr stimulus
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.