We have decided this year to retire our ADLM MQ and focus on a new MQ for Agile planning and execution tools. We have done this for the following reasons
- Shifts in market due to DevOps
- A continued need of our clients to evaluate the components of ADLM and DevOps toolchain rather than an integrated whole
- We have created Market Guides to cover the main functions of ADLM: Requirements Management, SCCM, Test/Quality Management. Leaving only the planning and management of work items thus
The Magic Quadrant for Agile Planningwhich, we have kicked off and plan to deliver by the end of year. We are currently finalizing the criteria and weighting and our use case definitions. We are looking at five use cases currently:
- Mode 1 Large Scale Agile – waterfall replacement
- Mode 2 – Digital business
- Product Development
- Regulated Business
- Outsourced Development
Our focus as a whole are tools that can scale to support these enterprise use cases and which play into a DevOps pipeline to provide the needed planning, collaboration, and insight to flow that enables continuous delivery.
We will continue to expand our DevOps pipeline coverage as we seek to provide for the needs of our clients.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.