We have decided this year to retire our ADLM MQ and focus on a new MQ for Agile planning and execution tools. We have done this for the following reasons
- Shifts in market due to DevOps
- A continued need of our clients to evaluate the components of ADLM and DevOps toolchain rather than an integrated whole
- We have created Market Guides to cover the main functions of ADLM: Requirements Management, SCCM, Test/Quality Management. Leaving only the planning and management of work items thus
The Magic Quadrant for Agile Planningwhich, we have kicked off and plan to deliver by the end of year. We are currently finalizing the criteria and weighting and our use case definitions. We are looking at five use cases currently:
- Mode 1 Large Scale Agile – waterfall replacement
- Mode 2 – Digital business
- Product Development
- Regulated Business
- Outsourced Development
Our focus as a whole are tools that can scale to support these enterprise use cases and which play into a DevOps pipeline to provide the needed planning, collaboration, and insight to flow that enables continuous delivery.
We will continue to expand our DevOps pipeline coverage as we seek to provide for the needs of our clients.
The Gartner Blog Network provides an opportunity for Gartner analysts to test ideas and move research forward. Because the content posted by Gartner analysts on this site does not undergo our standard editorial review, all comments or opinions expressed hereunder are those of the individual contributors and do not represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management.