It has been a busy, fruitful summer for me and my colleagues in the Gartner CRM Sales research practice. In the last three months we:
- Published the 2017 version of the Magic Quadrant for Sales Force Automation.
- Published our first Critical Capabilities analysis of the Sales Force Automation market.
- Published new research about how artificial intelligence, particularly predictive and prescriptive analytics, impacts sales processes.
- Delivered the latest Hype Cycle for CRM Sales
- Delivered our first examination of how event-driven technical architectures will up-end traditional CRM application architectures.
- Reviewed the newest sales functions in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales
- Launched a new joint research and advisory product with our colleagues in CEB, Gartner for Sales Leaders.
The SFA Magic Quadrant revealed a few notable developments. Oracle entered the Leaders quadrant, joining Microsoft and Salesforce. And from the survey of companies using SFA, eighty-nine percent of the surveyed respondents were “very satisfied” or “completely satisfied” with their SFA solution. This, however, is a drop of six points from last year’s survey.
Gartner clients can access the Magic Quadrant here.
I am particularly revved-up about Gartner for Sales Leaders. CRM systems should always deliver transformative capabilities. As we begin to further combine our respective research and advisory domains in the next months, clients will find that we are well placed to inform them how technology impacts their sales processes, and how to implement sales tools that align with the newest, best sales strategies.
In future months, we will produce additional research on SFA governance and sales enablement. And we will publish the updated versions of the Lead Management and the Configure, Price and Quote Magic Quadrants. Stay tuned.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Future of Experience: A Gartner Theme Insight Report
Being competitive requires enterprises to adapt more quickly to the experience of customers, employees and users. This collection of...
View Relevant Webinars
Roadmap to a Differentiated Digital Customer Experience
A superior customer experience is one of the few remaining means of sustainable competitive differentiation as the effects of globalization...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.