by Svetlana Sicular | July 9, 2012 | Comments Off on Pseudo-Tweets
“Never odd or even” — palindromes draw respect when they carry at least some spark of meaning; you’ll even read them twice. Some time ago, a good friend of mine came up with the idea of pseudo-palindromes (the same abrupt absurd and worthlessness), but you’ll read them twice anyway: “Eat timely Nathan. Want tea? ”
Tweets are akin to palindromes because of the challenge of cramming some significance within the predefined frames: “RT @Oldjx re: #word #worms in #bigdictionary: http://boo.tv/Yjbs-T7. Lol! R U 2? So is @7H1NKER”
I am just a beginning twitterer. To catch up for my lost time and under-enjoyed challenges of brevity, I made up some pseudo-tweets — messages outside of Twitter that look like tweets but not exactly.
- There is an 87% #probability that you are within 22 miles from your %home.
- 60% of bankruptcies are due to #health issues. #statistics #Strata
- No wonder Spain have the best team in the world. Each Spanish man seems to produce about 10 children. #probability #Spain
- More than 25% divorce proceedings use #data from http://on.fb.me/4VGeu.
- Through #2015, 85% of Fortune $500 organizations will be unable to exploit #bigdata for competitive advantage. #GartnerPredicts
- #nytimes and the @Washington @Post describe people who weren’t using social networks and weren’t using mobile phones as “refuseniks.” #without #phones #G00174167
P.S. There is one real tweet here. Hint: it contains a mistake.
Predicts 2019: Data and Analytics Strategy
Data and analytics are the key accelerants of digitalization, transformation and “ContinuousNext” efforts. As a result, data and analytics leaders will be counted upon to affect corporate strategy and value, change management, business ethics, and execution performance.Read Free Gartner Research
Category: data-and-analytics-strategies data-paprazzi innovation inquire-within local-news
Tags: analysis analytics big-data data data-paprazzi gartner-predicts health innovation odd phones probability pseudo-tweets refuseniks social statistics twitter
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.