On February 14, 2019 Symphony Technology Group (STG) a private equity organization focused on data, software, and analytics solutions investments announced the purchase of EnterWorks® a Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Digital Asset Management solution provider (see, Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management Solutions for further analysis of EnterWorks). The press release* which accompanied the announcement further described their intent to merge EnterWorks® with Winshuttle, a solutions vendors already within the STG portfolio. Winshuttle offers products based on Excel that aim to simplify data entry within SAP applications. Additionally, Winshuttle offers solutions to manufacturing, and food & beverage companies, for new product introduction (NPI).
So how do EnterWorks and Winshuttle complement each other?
- Winshuttle has a global presence with offices in multiple geographies. This is a benefit to EnterWorks that has till now had a North American focus.
- The Winshuttle client base is likely to provide opportunities for the EnterWorks solution.
- Winshuttle has a focus on SAP data management, while EnterWorks offers an agnostic solution. However, as Winshuttle has a focus on SAP customer, then it is likely that EnterWorks will be included within that strategy.
- The new operating model announced** positions John Pierson as CEO of Winshuttle, while Rick Chavie, former CEO of EnterWorks, assumes the title of EnterWorks General Manager reporting to John Pierson.
- Finally, a key component of NPI success is the ability to launch products effectively across multiple customer facing channels, and provide down stream product data syndication. This requires robust PIM capabilities that EnterWorks can provide to Winshuttle.
In summary, this merge seems to be mutually beneficial to all three parties involved. The MDM team at Gartner look forwards to seeing how this new venture evolves.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.