View All Resources /Getting Listed
Getting Listed on Gartner Peer Insights
Frequently asked questions when getting listed on Gartner Peer Insights.
How does Peer Insights work?
Gartner Peer Insights is the undisputed leader for Enterprise software and service buyers, Peer Insights helps customers grow their businesses by connecting them with experienced, verified IT professionals. Gartner Peer Insights represents the unfiltered, firsthand experiences of the enterprise technology buyer. All reviews are anonymous, fully vetted and authenticated by Gartner.
How do I get listed on Gartner Peer Insights?
Technology providers can submit their request through the Peer Insights’ Technology Provider Tool. Vendors will need to review the list of active Peer Insights markets to determine which market best matches their products or services. The Peer Insights market alignment team will review the vendor’s request, and the Peer Insights team will reach out to the technology provider to provide them with an update about their request. The final determination if a product or service fits in a category is at the discretion of Gartner Peer Insights.
Visit Peer Insights for Vendors page and click on “Get Started”
- Step 1: Create a new account or login
- Step 2: Verify your email
- Step 3: Select existing company or add a new company
- Step 4: If you add a new company then you need to lit a new product (Fill out details in add product form – Learn how to fill out this form)
Note: After submitting we will process your request within 7-10 business days. You can track your request status from your account
Do I have to be a Gartner client to be listed?
No, you do not need to be a Gartner client to be listed on Gartner Peer Insights. Gartner Peer Insights is a free platform open to the public.
What is the process for being removed from a market?
You can refer to the next steps outlined in the request tracker within request details. Note per our Product Listing Guidelines section 2.2. Products that meet at least 50% of the market inclusion criteria will remain within a given market at the sole discretion of Gartner Peer Insights. If you need more help, please reach out to your program manager or email us at PeerInsightsVendorSuccess@gartner.com and we will help.
If you have already taken the recommended next steps and still disagree with the decision, you may escalate this to the Ombudsman. This escalation process is outline below:
- Step 1: Send an email of your documented complaint to ombudsman.com
- Step 2: You will be contacted to discuss your complaint.
What is my next step after my product is approved and listed?
After your product is approved and listed on Gartner Peer Insights, your next step is to set up an Onboarding. You can either sign up for an Onboarding Webinar or set up a 1-on-1 Onboarding Call with our Onboarding Specialist. Find out how to get started with Onboarding here.
If I am not mentioned in the Magic Quadrant, can I still be listed on Peer Insights?
Your product does not need to be mentioned in the Magic Quadrant to be listed on Peer Insights.
Is it true that a Market Guide or Magic Quadrant must be created first before creating a new category on Peer Insights?
Yes, in order for us to open a new market category on Gartner Peer Insights we need first for the Magic Quadrant or Market Guide to publish as we mirror Gartner research markets.
Which market should I list my product in?
Peer Insights markets are aligned to Gartner Magic Quadrants or Market Guides. For a full list of our markets click here. In determining whether a product or service fits in a Gartner Peer Insights market, the GPI Market alignment team may consider the following criteria, among other things, regarding a Vendor’s products or services:
- The product or service must have all capabilities described as “mandatory” in the Magic Quadrant or Market Guide market definition. If no capabilities are described specifically as “mandatory,” the product/service must have 50% or more of all other features or capabilities enumerated in the market definition and description.
- The Vendor must sell to mid to large-size enterprise clients. GPI does not include small business or consumer IT solutions because it is aligned to meet the needs of enterprise buyers.
- Peer Insights maintains a freeze period of three (3) months (or longer in some cases) before review sourcing ends for Voice of the Customer. During this freeze period, the addition of new products and services to a Peer Insights market will be put on hold. Once the freeze period has ended, GPI will then add the product(s) or service(s) to the market, provided that it/they meet(s) the market criteria.
For additional information please see our Product Listing Guidelines.
Why would I be placed into an “Others” market?
The “Others” market is good for vendors who are very niche, and know that they generally do not fit in any existing Gartner Magic Quadrants or Market Guides. One of the good things about being in “Others” is that vendors can get started sourcing reviews and when a market opens up that is aligned to their capabilities, we can migrate them and their associated reviews out of the “Others” market and into the new market.
What is Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice?
In some markets, Gartner Peer Insights recognizes the vendors that are the most highly rated by their customers through the Customers’ Choice distinction.
Read More about Customers’ Choice
For additional questions, please email PeerInsightsVendorSuccess@gartner.com