Reviews are submitted by users at their discretion. You are free to reach out to your customers and encourage them to submit reviews. While reviewers do not need to be Gartner clients to submit a Peer Insights review, they must be qualified IT professionals or technology decision makers and will be subject to the validation and approval process described in these FAQs.
Below are some guidelines to help you invite customer involvement in a manner that is fair and most likely to generate honest and thorough reviews:
- Invite customers who have had direct experience with the selection, implementation and/or service & support of your company’s products or services to submit a review.
- Thank your customers for providing feedback.
- Publicize improvements or changes you’ve made as a result of customer feedback.
Guidance you may want to include when reaching out to your customers:
A brief overview of Peer Insights. (Sample language is provided in “Create a Review Sourcing Link”).
- Instructions and a site link (via a custom URL) that takes reviewers directly to the relevant survey.
- Reminder that reviews take approximately 10 minutes to complete and are completely anonymous.
- Reminder that Gartner’s validation process ensures that all reviews are authentic and readable, and as such it can take several business days for a review to be posted once approved.
Please be mindful of the following additional guidelines:
- Your employees may not review your company’s offerings or your competitors’ offerings;
- You should encourage customers to write high-quality, honest and thorough reviews with explanatory comments;
- You may not solicit only positive reviews.