1. What is the new Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) market on Gartner Peer Insights?
Currently, all existing Gartner Peer Insights markets use market definitions that are published in Gartner Magic Quadrant (MQ) or Gartner Market Guide (MG) documents. Through interviews and testing, end-users have expressed the need for additional markets.
As part of our effort to expand Gartner Peer Insights to cover additional products/solutions that have high user interest, we are piloting new markets on Peer Insights that Gartner Research has defined, analyzed and advised users about but that are currently represented in research and documents other than MQs and MGs.
Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) was selected due to high user interest in and engagement with Gartner expert research on this market.
2. Why were my products/services included?
Your product/service was added to this market because it meets the following inclusion criteria for this market:
- The Vendor product or service must have at least half (50% or more) of the capabilities or services identified by Gartner expert research for this market.
- The Vendor must sell the product to mid to large-size enterprise clients.
3. My product was moved from an “Others” market to this one. What is the impact?
All reviews previously associated with the “Others” market have been migrated to the new Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) market accordingly. These products are now able to be compared to other similar products from competitors in the same market.
You are now able to ask your customers to review you within the Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) market. Please refer to the “Review Sourcing” FAQ section in Peer Insights’ Technology Provider Tool for more information.
4. Is this market eligible for the Gartner Peer Insights “Voice of the Customer” research document?
We currently do not have plans to publish a “Voice of the Customer” (VoC) document for the Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) market. We reserve the right to publish research documents like the VoC in the future based on the needs of Gartner Research user clients and overall interest in this market.
All markets eligible for the “Voice of the Customer” are listed on our Roadmap of upcoming markets.
5. What if there’s a different market where my product may fit better? Can I move my reviews over there?
You are able to review the list of active markets to identify categories that might align to the capabilities of your product/service.
If there is a market on Gartner Peer Insights that you think is a better fit, please submit a product change request through the “Products/Markets” tab of the Gartner Peer Insights’ Technology Provider Tools.
The Gartner Peer Insights market alignment team reviews all requests and will provide you with an update accordingly. The final determination if a product or service fits in a category is at the discretion of Gartner Peer Insights.
6. Who can I contact with questions or suggestions?
Please feel free to request a call with us directly by sending an email to Euan.Cobb@gartner.com or William.Liu@gartner.com
Additionally, you can reach out to your aligned Gartner Peer Insights Program Manager.