Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice Methodology 1.4.1
May 2019 Announcement
Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics
Data Management Solutions for Analytics
Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms
Network Services, Global
Workforce Engagement Management
July 2019 Announcement
Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service
Multichannel Marketing Hubs
Data Preparation Tools
Enterprise Agile Planning Tools
Software Asset Management Tools
Robotic Process Automation
Supply Chain Analytics Technology
September 2019 Announcement
Industrial IoT Platformse
ICloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large and Global Enterprises
Social Analytics Applications
Gartner Peer Insights is a robust enterprise IT product and service review platform that hosts more than 195,000 verified customer reviews across 320 defined markets. In markets where there is enough data, Gartner Peer Insights recognizes the vendors that are the most highly rated by their customers through the Customers’ Choice distinction. This peer-rated distinction can be a useful complement to expert opinion, as it focuses on direct peer experiences of implementing and operating a solution.
To qualify for the Customers’ Choice distinction, vendors must have a product that is aligned to the market, have their overall rating (out of 5 stars) equal or higher than the mean rating for that market, and have a Product Adoption Review Coverage (PARC) or PARC of 3.0 or the median PARC score of the market (whichever is higher) in the same market as defined below.
A maximum of seven vendors will be named a Customers’ Choice in a market. In markets where more than seven vendors meet the eligibility criteria, the seven vendors with the highest PARC within the submission period will be named.
- Only reviews submitted and published during the 12 month eligibility period (retrospective from sourcing deadline) are considered in the analysis for this distinction.
- Eligible Reviews must meet and/or exceed both the defined mean rating and PARC for the particular market defined at point of sourcing announcement.
- Sourcing deadline for Customers’ Choice: April 30, 2019*
- “Eligible reviews” must be submitted between A May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019, AND are approved/published on the web site. Reviews from end-user companies <$50mm in revenue will be excluded from this methodology. Learn more about our review approval process here.
- A snapshot of mean market rating and PARC median will be taken on the date of sourcing announcement on March 1, 2019
- Reviews for legacy products (no longer being sold by the vendor) are not considered in the analysis for this distinction.
Product Adoption Review Coverage
Gartner Peer Insights was developed with the global enterprise customer in mind. As such, vendors that are named a Customers’ Choice demonstrate not only high ratings, but review coverage across industry verticals, company sizes and deployment regions.
- Company sizes are grouped based on reviewer profile details as entered by reviewers in one of the following categories:
- 10B+ USD
- 1B – 10B USD
- 50M – 1B USD
- Public Sector, Gov’t, Edu
Reviews from end-user companies with revenue less than $50M will be excluded from this methodology.
- Deployment region is a question in the survey that each reviewer must answer. They can select one or multiple regions:
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- North America
- Industry of the reviewer is based on the reviewer profile industry. Reviewers can select from standard industry categories. Note that only top four industries of reviewers in this market will be considered for PARC.
Example PARC Calculation:
A vendor must obtain a PARC equal to 3.0 or the median of the market (whichever is higher, rounded to the nearest tenth) across all eligible vendors in the market to qualify for the Customers’ Choice distinction.
- For each 50 reviews in the above listed categories a vendor will receive a maximum of 1 point toward PARC, for a maximum PARC score of 12.
- If a vendor has less than 50 reviews they will receive a portion of the point rounded to the nearest hundred. For example, 33 reviews equals 35/50=0.66, or 2 reviews equal 2/50=0.04.
- Reviews of all vendors that have 10 or more eligible reviews for the specified 12 month period will be included in the assessment for identifying the median PARC for the market.
- Each vendor’s PARC will be rounded to nearest tenth.
- If a reviewer has selected multiple deployment regions the review will be counted as one review against each of the different deployment regions selected.
- For reviews that do not have a response to the deployment region question, the review will not contribute to the deployment region section of the PARC calculation. The other responses from the review will be included and contribute to the company size and industry calculation as well as rating.
Market Mean Overall Rating
A vendor must meet or exceed mean overall rating in the market (rounded to the nearest tenth) to qualify for the Customers’ Choice distinction.
Mean rating is determined in each market for a specified 12 month period.
Example Mean Calculation:
- Mean overall rating for a vendor will be calculated based on “Eligible reviews” that must be submitted between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019, AND are approved/published on the web site.
- Reviews of all vendors that have 10 or more eligible reviews for the specified 12 month period will be included in the assessment for identifying the mean overall rating for the market.
- Reviews from end-user companies with revenue less than $50M will be excluded from this methodology.
Ratings and reviews must first pass our validation, conflict of interest and moderation process — please see our Peer Insights Review FAQ.
For vendor guidelines on how to use the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice badge and the quote policy.