Thank you for agreeing to participate in Gartner Peer Insights’ Reviews-as-a-Service program. As a condition of your participation, you agree to comply with the following terms:
You ensure that the email addresses you provide to Gartner are:
- Individuals who have expressly registered through your website (by deliberately selecting a checkbox that is unchecked by default) on your signup or sales form); or
- Individuals who have completed offline forms and indicated that they wanted to be emailed (e.g.: by filling in a competition or survey form where they specifically agree to receive email from you); or
- Individuals who have given you their business card and asked or otherwise agreed to receive email from; or
- Individuals who have purchased a service or product from you in the last 2 years (by completing a business transaction with you, they have implicitly agreed to be contacted by you); or
- Individuals who have expressly agreed that you may share their email addresses with third parties like Gartner that wish to solicit feedback about their purchase.
- Provided by you to Gartner in a file that is password protected
You further ensure that the email addresses you provide to Gartner are not:
- Lists or email addresses received from a third party, including without limitation any lists you bought or rented, or obtained from a partner or membership organization. (NOTE: Regardless of the alleged source of this list, Gartner cannot email to those listed email addresses)
- Addresses you collected or “web scraped” from the Internet – even if they look like ideal customers for you, you can’t email someone solely because you found their address on the internet.
- Addresses you haven’t emailed in the last 2 years.
Gartner ensures to adhere to the following guidelines:
- After receiving your contact list, Gartner will initiate an email campaign to solicit user reviews on your behalf. The emails will be sent from a co-branded email address: [yourcompany]@Writeareview.gartner.com.
- The campaign will consist of an initial email, and up to two (2) follow-up emails sent to contacts who do not submit a review via the previous mailing. If a contact submits a review, he/she will not receive the follow-up emails.
- Your users may opt out of receiving our emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Unsubscribing will remove your contacts from our campaign, and will not impact your ability to send your own emails.
- We will ensure that your contact list is handled securely. While in possession of your contact list(s), we will take appropriate measures to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access and we will delete the list from our system upon completion of the campaign.
- We will follow up with users who submit a review as part of our normal rules of engagement.
- We will not use contact information provided for any purposes other than for soliciting reviews on your behalf and will not send any future marketing communications to the user if they do not submit a review.
- You can request that we halt a campaign at any time.