Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards (Archived)
Customer Choice methodology has been updated since the announcement of results in October 2017 in the following markets:
- open_in_newBusiness Intelligence and Analytics
- open_in_newEndpoint Protection Platforms
- open_in_newEnterprise Architecture Tools
A market needs to have at least 300+ reviews, and 7+ vendors with 20+ reviews each for us to give a Customer Choice Award in that market. In addition, we’ll consider other factors like the market’s popularity, timing of Gartner Research refresh (we won’t likely do an award in a market that’s about to get an overhaul), etc. to determine when to launch awards in which markets.
Awards will be given to vendors in a market according to these criteria:
- The vendor must have at least one product designated by our Research analysts as relevant to the market.
- The vendor must have 50 or more reviews published in the submission period.
- Submission period is defined as 12 months prior to the award eligibility cut off date.
- Vendor-incentivized reviews will not be counted for award eligibility and will not be included in the score calculation.
- Reviews published must first pass our validation, conflict of interest, and moderation process – please see our Review FAQ here. Reviews that do not pass the process are not considered.
- To ensure that the awards are given to vendors who represent the Peer Insights’ end user base, vendors will be eligible for Gold, Silver and Bronze awards subject to three criteria:
- Maximum 75% of the deployments reported by the reviewers from non-North America regions.
- Maximum 75% of reviews from one industry.
- Maximum 50% of reviews from non-Enterprise end users. Enterprise end user is defined as reviewer’s company size >$50M USD.
- If vendors qualify for the award but don’t meet the three criteria above, they may still be eligible for an honorable mention for their focus.
- Gold, silver and bronze awards will be given to the top 3 vendors based on award score (defined below), and honorable mention will be given to every other vendor over 4.000 stars.
- Award score is based on a Bayesian weighting of overall score vs. the number of reviews published and the Bayesian prior is a Dirichlet distribution with an average of 4 stars and 50 reviews, so:
Where N = Total number of reviews.
- Award score will be rounded to the nearest tenth of a star. If there’s a tie, the number of published reviews will be the tie breaker. If the number of published reviews is also tied, both vendors will receive the same award.
- All winners must have an average award score greater than 4.000 stars. If there are less than 3 vendors that meet the criteria we’ll give fewer awards for this market.
- For more questions, please see our FAQ page, or contact PeerInsights@gartner.com.
- For Vendor Guidelines on how to use Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice logo and quote policy please click here.