Gartner Peer Insights™ Content Compliance Policy
Last Updated: March 2023
Gartner Peer Insights is different from traditional Gartner expert opinion research.
The Gartner Peer Insights platform contains user posts, reviews, ratings, surveys, polls and other similar user-generated types of content and programs derived from Gartner Peer Insights content. Unless otherwise mentioned below, the rules of the main Gartner Content Compliance Policy apply.
Gartner Peer Insights content cannot be used as a competitive weapon.
1. Identify Gartner Peer Insights Content
such as a quote or reference from content published on gartner.com/peer-insights
2. Draft Material(s)
in an editable format that includes the Gartner Peer Insights content
1. Identify Gartner Peer Insights Content
Honest reviews and ratings (if you are a vendor, only about your own company or partner)
Insights, posts, quick polls, surveys and other similar user-generated content
For vendors: Customer First Program Badge
For vendors: Voice of the Customer report and Customers’ Choice distinction
Gartner Peer Insights content cannot be used as a competitive weapon
Legacy content bearing the Pulse brand cannot be promoted as if provided by Gartner Peer Insights
Eligible content/Examples of Permitted Use:
Honest reviews, posts and ratings (if you are a vendor, only about your own company or partner)
For this type of content, be sure to:
- Copy the review verbatim, without any changes
- Use a review that was published within the last 12 months from the date of your promotional content
- Link back to the full review on Peer Insights. For traditional print media, include the URL or a QR code to the entire review.
- List the “as of date” and “total number of reviews” if you reference a rating or ranking, and the category (for example, either the Overall Rating or Sub-Category Rating, such as the Evaluation & Contracting rating)
If a vendor, you may:
- Compare your company’s rating and ranking to other companies. If you do, make sure that you avoid use of content as a competitive weapon by including:
- Companies listed in the same market defined on Peer Insights
- At least three vendors — your company plus at least two other companies; and
- The “as of date” and “total number of reviews”
- Companies within five positions of your Overall Rating. For example, if your product has the 15th highest Overall Rating or number of reviews, you may compare yourself against the 10th highest, but not the ninth.
- Correct obvious typos (such as spacing errors, typos in acronyms — with the following disclaimer): “Reviews have been edited to account for errors and readability.”
- Perform your own calculations to be used in promotional materials using data from Gartner Peer Insights.
- If you are a vendor, do not compare your company to only one other competitor. 1:1 comparisons by vendors are not permitted as Gartner does not allow its content to be used as an endorsement or a competitive weapon.
- Amend the review or post in any manner that changes its meaning.
- As of 10 Aug. 2022, [Vendor Name] has an Overall Rating of 4.7 out of 5 in the Advanced Analytics Platforms market, based on 53 reviews on Gartner Peer Insights™
- As of 10 Aug. 2022 [Vendor Name] has an Evaluation & Contracting rating of 4.6 out of 5 in the Advanced Analytics Platforms market, based on 223 reviews.
- [Vendor Name] has more reviews than Vendor A and Vendor B combined in Solid-State Arrays as of 10 Aug. 2022 on Gartner Peer Insights™! https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/solid-state-arrays
- [Vendor Name] has the most reviews of all vendors in the Data Integration Tools Market as of 10 Aug. 2022 on Gartner Peer Insights™. See for yourself: https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/data-integration-tools
- Check Gartner Peer Insights™ and see why [Vendor Name] has more than twice the number of reviews of any other vendor in the Web Application Firewalls market as of 10 Aug. 2022! https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/web-application-firewalls
Insights, posts, quick-polls, surveys, and other similar user-generated content
- Copy the content verbatim, without any changes
- Where the Gartner Peer Insights team has provided a fixed format for sharing, like a pdf or social card, use only the format provided
- Link back to the full source or url on Gartner Peer Insights
- Do not create content that does not exist on the platform or change the formatting or a post in such a way that changes the meaning.
Voice of the Customer report/Customers’ Choice distinction
- Properly attribute the content to Gartner Peer Insights.
- When promoting inclusion, you may:
- Use words such as:
- A Customers’ Choice / Strong Performer / Aspiring / Established</li
- Peer Recognized
- [Vendor name as it is stated exactly in the report] is named a [quadrant position,
e.g., Strong Performer] in the [month and year of publication, e.g., June 2022]
Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: [exact market name, e.g., Multichannel
- [Vendor name as it is stated exactly in the report] was recognized by customers on Gartner Peer Insights™ as a [quadrant position, e.g., Strong Performer] in the [month and year of publication, e.g., June 2022] Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: [exact market name, e.g., Multichannel Marketing Hubs].
- [Vendor name as stated in the report] was positioned in the [quadrant name, e.g., Aspiring] quadrant in the [month and year of publication, e.g., June 2022] Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: [exact market name, e.g., Multichannel Marketing Hubs].
- Promote retrospective inclusion, but it must be factually correct.
- You may include your current rating on Gartner Peer Insights (even if it differs from the rating in the report, but it must be clear which rating you are referencing), as well as excerpt individual review comments about your company or its products,
- Include the required Peer Insights disclaimer
- Templates for media promotions, press releases, blog posts, social media are available for download in the Marketing Tools for Vendors section of the Technology Provider Tool (TPT)
- Implying that the Customers’ Choice distinction is the same as, or similar, to Gartner expert-opinion research, such as a Gartner Magic Quadrant. Gartner experts do not contribute to the Customers’ Choice distinction or inclusion in the Voice of the Customer document.
Customer First Program
- Hyperlink to the Gartner Peer Insights Customer First page
- You may include your current rating on Peer Insights, as well as excerpt individual review comments about your company or its products,
- Include the required Peer Insights disclaimer
- Templates for media promotions, social media are available for download in the Marketing Tools for Vendors section of the Technology Provider Tool (TPT)
- Implying that the Customer First badge is an award as Gartner does not allow its content to be used as an endorsement or a competitive weapon.
- Implying that Customer First badge is a recognition. It is a program that a vendor participates in.
- [Vendor Name] is now part of the Gartner Peer Insights™ Customer First program for the [Market Name] market.
- We are now part of the Gartner Peer Insights™ Customer First program for the [Market Name] market and have pledged at an organization-level to provide the opportunity to leave a review to all applicable customers.
2. Draft Material(s)
See the Technology Provider Tool (TPT)
Use verbatim quotes
You must use verbatim quotes when excerpting from any Gartner content. We don’t allow paraphrasing because it could alter the meaning of the published content.
If you are citing user-generated content only, 30/70 rule is not applicable on your promotional materials.
Delineate between Gartner and our competitors
You may display Gartner content alongside Gartner competitor content; however, you must clearly distinguish the Gartner content from other content. Do not compare Gartner methodologies with those of our competitors, or create a side-by-side comparison between Gartner graphics and those of our competitors. Examples.
We do not allow promotion on websites of third-parties that compete with Gartner. Why?
Always attribute Gartner content (quotes, excerpts, references, trademarks, and graphics) to Gartner, and only cite from eligible sources.
Make sure to:
- Identify “Gartner” or “Gartner, Inc.” as the source if Voice of the Customer
- Identify Gartner Peer Insights as the source for all user-generated content; and
- Include the title of the content and the date it was published.
Below is an example containing both Gartner and Gartner Peer Insights content that you may use or draw from, but as long as you include the required elements identified above, you may format it as you wish.
- Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: [Market Name], Peer Contributors, [Publication Date]
Include the required trademark line and specific Gartner Peer Insights disclaimer:
Gartner and Peer Insights™ are trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Describe Gartner, Gartner Peer Insights, Voice of the Customer report, and Customer First program appropriately
Describe them this way:
Gartner provides actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Gartner’s expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’ mission-critical priorities.
Gartner Peer Insights
Gartner Peer Insights is a public platform that offers verified, first-hand reviews and ratings of enterprise technology solutions by end-user professionals for end-user professionals.
Gartner Peer Insights Customer First Program
The Customer First Program and associated badge.is designed to build trust and credibility, by signaling that a technology provider solicits reviews from all customers and recognizes the benefits of honest, unbiased feedback.
Voice of the Customer report
The “Voice of the Customer” is a document that applies a methodology to aggregated Gartner Peer Insights’ reviews in a market to provide an overall perspective for IT decision makers.
Avoid implication that inclusion is an award
You may not refer to inclusion on Gartner Peer Insights or its content as an award, or use any text, references or image to imply such.
Avoid endorsement and criticism
You may not use Gartner content in any manner that gives the impression of an endorsement or that criticizes another company. Examples and scenarios.
Avoid company-specific quotes
Vendors may not quote from comments that Gartner experts made on social media, in response to client inquiries, or other interactions.
Avoid commercialization/monetization of Gartner content
You may not use Gartner content in any manner that competes with a Gartner product or offering. You also may not resell, redistribute, or charge for access to Gartner content without the express written consent of Gartner.
Don’t use Gartner content in litigation/antitrust/competition law matters: read more
Gartner has strict standards that govern all use of our content. We protect ourselves against misuse and reserve the right to take appropriate steps to address any misuse. Gartner may also seek additional remedies available under contract, trademark, copyright, and other applicable law. For more information, please refer to Addressing Misuse in the Gartner Content Compliance Policy.
Logos, Graphics and Badges
You may only use a Gartner trademark or graphic after you’ve secured express, written permission from Gartner Content Compliance or its delegates. Please reference: Proper use of Gartner logos and Badges.
- Use a ™ on the following trademarks:
- Peer Insights
- Example: Company ABC is a Customers’ Choice in the 20XX Gartner Peer Insights™ ‘Voice of the Customer’: Digital Commerce. Read more!
- Use the following trademark notice line together with the disclaimer:
- Gartner and Peer Insights™ are trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Make all Gartner logos and badges secondary in position to your logo, and at least 10% smaller in size.
- Include the required clear space around Gartner logos and badges. Don’t bundle them next to your or any other logos.
- Don’t alter Gartner logos and badges in any way. This includes, but is not limited to, changes to font, color, size, and orientation.
- Don’t use Gartner logos or badges in:
- Email signature blocks (except when using templates provided by Gartner)
- Securities offerings documents
- Annual reports
- Press releases
- Please see the Gartner Peer Insights Brand Guide and the Gartner Peer Insights Logo Styling Guide
- All logos/badges are available for high-resolution download in the Marketing Tools for Vendors section of the Technology Provider Tool (TPT)
- If you were recognized as a Customers’ Choice in multiple years, you may only use the badge from the most recent year that you were recognized.
- You must use the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice badge that has the year clearly depicted.
- The Gartner Peer Insights Customer First badge may be used only during active program participation.
- The Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice and Customer First badge may only be used in the approved email signature stamp widget provided by Gartner Peer Insights. No other use in an email signature is permitted.