Note: I updated this post on 13 Nov., 2015 to reflect the actual wording of the Copyright & Quote policy, which has been updated.
You are probably familiar with Gartner Peer Insights, a new offering by Gartner that allows IT end users to share their ratings and reviews of IT solutions. Based on discussions at Orlando Symposium, I know many of you are excited to begin sharing the ratings and reviews that end users have written about your own products and services. With this in mind, my team has been busy updating the Copyright & Quote Policy to accommodate your requests. We expect these updates to go live during the week of 16 November. In the meantime, this post includes the ground rules that will appear as “Section 3.7” in the Policy. Feel free to start operating by these guidelines right away to share excerpts from reviews and display your ratings:
- You may quote or display your company’s current Overall Peer Insights Ratings for markets that have been evaluated, as well as excerpt review comments about your company or its products. You may not quote or display the ratings or excerpt review comments made about any other provider, or use Gartner Peer Insights ratings or reviews to criticize a competitor.
- When excerpting from a Gartner Peer Insights review, the excerpt must also include the date of the review (for example, “On 23 Oct. 2015, a reviewer wrote, ‘[My Company] has the best product I’ve ever used.’”). Given that the nature of these reviews is so different from quoting Gartner research, when submitting review-excerpt requests you need only include the date the review was written and the product it was about (you do not need to provide further context about the reviewer).
- All excerpted reviews must be less than 12 months old.
- To quote ratings:
- At this point, you may quote only your Overall Peer Insights Rating; you may not share any sub-ratings (for example, you may not display your Integration and Deployment score – only your Overall Rating).
- When sharing an Overall Rating for your product, you must include the “as of” date and number of reviews on which the overall rating is based (for example, “As of 23 Oct., 2015, the overall Gartner Peer Insights rating for [Your Company] in the Advanced Analytics Platforms market is 4.7 out of 5, based on 53 reviews.”).
- When displaying the Overall Rating using the existing 5-star model and/or a histogram of the overall rating distribution, you must include the “as of” date, number of reviews on which the overall rating is based and provide a visual of how these will appear within your marketing material(s).
- Any references to the Gartner Peer Insights logo, ratings, charts and review-excerpts must include a link to the corresponding Gartner Peer Insights pages (Note: registration is required to see the details of individual reviews).
You MUST include this disclaimer with any Gartner Peer Insight content reference(s):
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Our branding team is also working on a logo and for now Gartner will be providing temporary branding. The logo parameters below will apply to the temporary branding:
Gartner Peer Insights Logo
The Gartner Peer Insights Logo is a trademark and service mark of Gartner Inc. and/or its affiliates and may only be used after securing express, written permission.
- You may use the Gartner Peer Insights Logo provided the legal disclaimer appears with the logo (see Section 3.7 for the disclaimer).
- The following legal trademark disclaimer must always appear with use of the Gartner Peer Insights Logo:The Gartner Peer Insights Logo is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc., and/or its affiliates, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
- The Gartner Peer Insights Logo may not be used to imply that your company has been given an award.
- Your logo must be the primary image (relative to both size and positioning) in your promotional materials (as shown in all examples in the Gartner Logo Usage Guidelines).
- The Gartner Peer Insights logo must be secondary in position to your logo and at least 10% smaller in size. Why?
- The Gartner Peer Insights logo may not appear in your press release, email signature stamps or securities offering documents (including annual reports). Why?
Please reference: Gartner Logo Usage Guidelines.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact my team: email@example.com. Happy quoting!