by Michael Shanler | April 24, 2015 | Comments Off on Cool Vendors in Life Science
Last week, Stephen Davies and I published the Cool Vendors report for Life Science. The vendors mentioned are all relative new comers (either by incorporation date, or they have recently stabilized their products for early adopters.) Specialist functions may be aware of them, but for the most part, they are still unknown within the larger functional groups they target with their products and services (e.g. drug discovery, clinical development, regulatory, sales, marketing, etc.) For the most part they are running under-the-radar of enterprise IT, as well.
We feel that these vendors show promise and can help make a difference and hence, should be more visible to IT. Three of the vendors have a heavy R&D application and informatics focus. Two of them are commercial. The “cool” elements include technologies for analytics, visualization, and cloud. A few of them have advanced computing underneath, as well. What is common between them all is they have capabilities to facilitate complex decision making for life science industry-specific workflows.
- ClinGenuity clingenuity.com has artificial intelligence (AI)-assisted medical and clinical trial writing tools that can generate nearly 90% of clinical study reports (CSRs) leveraging source documentation. The vendor also has an automated redaction tool for meeting clinical trial data transparency, and a patient Narrative Builder.
- daVIZta davizta.com provides a three-pillar approach to revenue optimization in life sciences. Consulting and data management services combined with SaaS-based analytics offer transparency in the revenue management arena, where most companies live in a complex spreadsheet-based world.
- Exaptive exaptive.com has an advanced exploratory platform for interactive analysis and visualization of complex scientific data with linked relationships. The technology-agnostic platform supports the iterative process of scientific discovery by combining disparate data with algorithms and visualizations.
- goBalto gobalto.com delivers cloud technology that accelerates clinical study startup, and can lead to significant cost savings and decreased time to start a costly clinical trial.
- Zephyr Health www.zephyrhealth.com offers a cloud-based data integration and analytics solution that helps pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers to better target their research and commercialization efforts, and the doctors with whom they should share their work.
If you want more information, here is the link to the report: http://www.gartner.com/document/3028218 We go into why we think they’re cool, their challenges or the risks in doing business with them, and who should care within your organizations.
Category: analytics clinical-development ctms data-and-analytics-strategies eclinical edc epro gartner innovation internet-of-everything iot it nexus-of-forces pharmaceutical product-development rd science
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.