by Michael Shanler | July 29, 2017 | Comments Off on 2 x Life Science Hype Cycles
While the spring rains drenched the northeastern U.S. and parts of Europe, Jeff, Steve, and I were hard at work authoring, arranging, writing, reviewing, re-reviewing, re-re-reviewing our content. After countless cups of coffee, our 2 x hype cycles that cover the life science industry are finally published. These docs are relevant for CIOs, IT and business leaders that run organizations at pharma, biotech, med-device, and CROs. Roles representing other highly-regulated science-based product development industries (e.g. cosmetics, nutriceuticals, food & beverage) may also find these hype cycles interesting.
Keep in mind the relationship between these two documents-
- The Hype Cycle for Life Sciences, 2017 is the over-arching hype cycle with technologies that span multiple business functions (e.g. sales, marketing, R&D, supply chain, etc).
- The Hype Cycle for Life Science Research and Development, 2017 represents a sub-set of technologies that are important for R&D (e.g. drug discovery, clinical development, regulatory submission).
~80 technologies are covered in these 2 x hype cycles. Since “life science” is a bit of a moving target and we see disruption happening on the fringe with health care industry segments, it might pay to become familiar with these other HC docs, as well:
- Hype Cycle for Healthcare Providers, 2017
- Hype Cycle for U.S. Healthcare Payers, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Digital Care Delivery Including Telemedicine and Virtual Care, 2017
Of course, there are specialty non-industry specific hype cycles, too. For example:
- Hype Cycle for Data Science and Machine Learning, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Analytics and Business Intelligence, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Hybrid Infrastructure Services, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Data Management, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Artificial Intelligence, 2017
- ype Cycle for Enterprise Architecture, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Discrete Manufacturing and PLM, 2017
- Hype Cycle for Process Manufacturing and PLM, 2017
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Category: cio clinical-development cloud compliance ctms data-and-analytics-strategies digital digital-marketing eclinical edc engineering epro gartner hype-cycle innovation internet-of-everything internet-of-things iolt iot it it-cost-optimization laboratories laboratory manufacturing mobile-and-endpoint-technologies nof pharma pharmaceutical product-development rd regulatory science security supply-chain technology-and-emerging-trends transformation wearables
Tags: big-data bigdata cio cloud collaboration digital eln informatics innovation iot rd science-2
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.