We’re very pleased to announce our 2015 Gartner Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25 findings. Revealed on Wednesday November 18th, this research is an industry-specific version of our Global Supply Chain Top 25, recognizing the unique aspects of the Healthcare Supply Chain. In this ranking we look at the operations of Life Science Manufactures, Healthcare Distributors, and Healthcare Providers. Initially launched in 2008, The Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25 is and has consistently been a go-to resource for recognizing Supply Chain excellence, and for helping to educate all players on how to advance overall Supply Chain capabilities in this rapidly changing sector.
Highlights of this year’s study include the following:
• Mayo Clinic attained the No. 1 spot in our ranking, becoming the first healthcare provider to reach this milestone
• Cardinal Health, Intermountain Healthcare, Owens & Minor and Mercy rounded out the top five spots in the ranking
• Henry Schein, Duke University Health System and Baptist Health South were all new to the Top 25 ranking this year. Medtronic and BJC Healthcare came back after a multi-year hiatus. Distributors, as a group, added one company to the list, while manufacturers lost one compared to last year’s ranking
• Banner Health is our big leap this year – jumping 13 spots to #11
• Johnson & Johnson is our top-ranked manufacturer, and CVS Health is our top-ranked Retailer
While the full report explores many of the initiatives and efforts that these organizations have undertaken in their march to excellence, one resounding theme came back when looking at the results. This is the idea of alignment – Supply Chain aligning to patient outcomes, to overall corporate strategies, and to future revenue models that are causing waves of change throughout this value chain.
If this is a topic of interest, please access our free on-demand webinar with Gartner analysts and report authors Eric O’Daffer, Stephen Meyer, and Lisa Callinan. The webinar is a full reveal of the rankings and a walk-through of some of the initiatives that got these organizations to where they are. You can find the webinar at: The Gartner Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25 for 2015
You call also pull down the full report for free at our Top25 landing page: www.supplychaintop25.com
Congratulations to all of the organizations featured in the research!
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.