As the “digital” bubble gets bigger and the “social” bubble is staining many a floor in the enterprise world, I find many clients have a hard time understanding the difference between social for CRM and digital marketing.
Social is certainly a part of digital marketing, and an important one at that. My colleagues like Julie Hopkins and Jennifer Polk do a great job of showing how social plays a critical role for marketers in the development of their digital marketing strategies. But social isn’t just about digital marketing, and I want to make sure that is something which the market understands.
For Gartner clients: you have access to the Top Use Cases and Benefits of Social for CRM in 2015, for non-clients: take a look at these five publicly accessible case studies which show how social for CRM is more than just digital marketing.
- Take a look at Hertz who responds to over 1,000 unique customer posts to Facebook and Twitter each week. They’re responding to complex customer service problems in under 90 minutes.
- Or Sky, who uses a community forum for customer support. As they report it, customers using their forum has saved them over 570 hours of agents’ phone time.
- Informatica builds prospect lists on LinkedIn, helping their sales attainment rate grow 3x in 3 months.
- Jetsetter.com enables customers to share their purchases with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and has been able to convert 60% of all shared purchases into sales.
- And take a look at Kia UK who hosts product ratings and reviews on their site and discovered that they increased test drive bookings by 300%.
There are more case studies than these five, but start to expand your view of social beyond marketing, and think of how you can use social for your entire CRM business.
Disclaimer for what is about to come up right now at the end of this post: I was looking for a Rafiki and Simba gif to inspire you, but I could only find ones where people had made Rafiki throw Simba, so instead I watched this video and got the chills all over again.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Category: 360 customer-service ecommerce marketing social-crm social-media social-networks
Tags: crm customer customer-service customer360 marketing sales scrm socbiz social social-crm social-media socialcrm
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.