by Jay Heiser | April 1, 2017 | Comments Off on A Sheep Shot
My family often asks what I actually do at work. This typical question from a Gartner Account Executive should clear that up:
“I have a prospective client who needs to know what other Albanian sheepherders are doing with cud computing. The shear volume of Gartner material can be difficult to harvest, so I’d appreciate some help in scrapie together our relevant research. If ewe’ve got the time to do some rumination, it would be very helpful for the success of our sales team in Sarandë Gjirokastër. Since the inquiry will last an entire 30 minutes, I thought you’d be able to address several related concerns:
- What applications are Albanian ovine operations putting into the public cud?
- What Adriatic bellwethers should they follow?
- Does the cud have much tractor in this region, or is everyone still Balkanized?
- Which Albanian regulations apply to the protection of flock information within the public cud?
- Are the other data farmers only using Albanian CSPs, or will they accept feed from Macedonia or Bulgaria?
- Can we store all our data on our web farm without pasteurizing it?
- Do you recommend LAN chops?
- Should they take a hybrid approach?
- What are the best of breed for security?
- What can we do about cybercrooks?
The prospect needs very specific answers relevant to their industry and region, and they need it tomorrow, April 1, when they expect to be in range of a cell tower. Any further fodder for thought would be extremely helpful in enabling our field team to ram this one home.”
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
2019 Planning Guide Overview: Architecting Your Digital Ecosystem
Technical professionals are confronting increasingly complex technology ecosystems. They must overcome this complexity to create solutions...
View Relevant Webinars
State of Cloud Security
This webinar presentation will help you and your organization fully understand and address cloud risks. We will discuss the current and...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.