According to the latest Gartner survey, 85% of the organization has adopted or plans to adopt a product-centric model. And top 3 drivers are the need to deliver faster, digital business transformation, preference for agile methods,
This shows the trend for managing application development and delivery work by moving from projects to products is accelerating. Application leaders trying to make the change need to anticipate the challenges they will face.
Published: 23 October 2018 ID: G00373896
Analyst(s): Bill Swanton | Matthew Hotle | Deacon D.K Wan
Learn more from this survey
1. Depth of Product-Centric Model Adoption Over Time
2. Plans for Using a Product-Centric Delivery Model
3. Main Driver of Product-Centric Delivery Usage
4. Top Goals for a Product-Centric Delivery Model
5. Top Three Challenges to Product-Centric Delivery
6. Extent of and Nature of Changes to Funding Model
7. Plans for a Product Manager Role
8. Department for Product Managers
9. Expected Role of Application Leader in 2020
10. Expected Changes to Emphasis on Skills When Hiring and Staffing
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.