- The power of data: It comes as no surprise that data is central to all activity no matter your role at Gartner; however, the impact this has had on my day-to-day role never ceases to amaze me. We have access to numerous tools, such as Gartner TalentNeuron, to enable us to better understand our markets and available talent pools, which enables us to make the best hiring decisions for our stakeholders! Furthermore, you can effectively measure your performance by truly understanding each stage of our process through using the data readily available, allowing you to continuously improve and develop in your role.
- Team culture is everything: No matter the location, Gartner has a great team culture! We are made to feel welcomed, appreciated and valued daily. You will immediately be made to feel part of the Gartner family across the globe, and the constant encouragement and support is second to none. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Someone will always be on hand to guide you to a solution or broader understanding!
- There’s always room to grow: Limitless growth — you’re in the driver’s seat. How far you go is up to you. Gartner is a high-growth organization; this naturally brings great opportunities to progress your career in your desired avenue. Since joining Gartner, I have seen 5 members of my direct team promoted, while others (including myself) have had the opportunity to take on rotational roles into other areas of HR such as benefits, LOE and HR Business Partnering.
- Don’t be afraid to better yourself: Gartner provides you the opportunity to develop no matter what your role. We have access to numerous Resource Hubs that are aligned to business units. In addition to this, we also have access to tons of research across industries, so take the time to develop in areas that personally interest you. I have had the opportunity to work closely with a mentor for the past 6 months, and he has helped me with my external qualifications as well as preparing me for a future role with Gartner!
- It’s just a number: Hearing that an organization operates in 100+ locations worldwide, powered by the work of 16,000+ associates can be daunting, especially if you are coming from a small or midsize business background! We win when our entire extended teams work together to drive strong business results. We are all offered a seat at the table to drive business impact against our individual and business unit mission-critical priorities, which of course leads to the organization’s overall performance.
Are you looking for a job where you’ll do challenging, groundbreaking work? At Gartner, each and every associate has a hand in our success. Learn more about how you can make an impact with your work here.