On July 26, Gartner is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The ADA provides significant protections for People with Disabilities (PwD), from prohibiting workplace discrimination to increasing access to necessary services and accommodations.
“At Gartner, we believe that our associate population should mirror our client population, which of course includes people with disabilities. By having diverse perspectives at the table, we’re able to deliver better products and services to our clients,” says Tom Downs, Associate Director, Recruiting Programs, Diversity & Inclusion. “We’re proud of our efforts to recruit candidates from all backgrounds and support them as associates—but we’re constantly looking for ways to improve. We know that every company, including Gartner, can be doing more in this space and that’s why we’re happy to share our successes, while also looking to continuously improve.”
Learn about some of the ways we’re working to create an inclusive environment for candidates, clients and associates who may have a disability:
- To support the work practices and needs of clients with disabilities, gartner.com is able to deliver Gartner strategic insights and research to clients who use assistive technologies, including the use of descriptive Alternative Text (Alt Text) for graphics and images
- Gartner’s Talent Acquisition team is partnering with Disability:IN and Equal Opportunity Publications, to help engage and recruit college students and experienced professionals who have disabilities
- Enabling and educating associates about the People with Disabilities (PwD) candidate population through virtual learning platforms, unconscious bias training and networking events with other organizations to share best practices and ensure the principle of equal opportunity underpins all associate policies, practices and programs
- Attending virtual job fairs and networking events to engage and recruit PwD candidates
- Fostering an inclusive and supportive environment for PwD through the work of our voluntary, associate-led employee resource groups
- Encourage associates to partner with local charities and non-profit organizations that support the PwD community through the Gartner Charity Match Program
As Gartner continues to expand and create more job opportunities, we’re continually renewing our commitment to inclusion. Learn more here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are interested in joining the Gartner team, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@Gartner.com.