Are you interested in taking the next step in your career? The Gartner team is growing and looking to hire talented professionals in several of our local offices. Below, Gartner Talent Sourcer Hanna Orselet shares her five tips for interview success.
My name is Hanna Orselet, and I am Talent Sourcer for our Global Business Sales (GBS) team. I have been focused on hiring sales members for our new and rapidly growing Irving, TX, Center of Excellence office. I was in the same seat myself last February-March and was put at ease by the enthusiastic and passionate team members I had the chance to speak with. Here are a few tips for success in interviewing for sales roles with us:
- Be yourself! Gartner is a people business and we want to get to know you so we can hear about how you would want to contribute to the office. Also, we use this insight to align you to a team and manager that would be a great fit for your success with us.
- Get to know Gartner. Take some time to look into Gartner and the work we do. I can say that I was a bit confused at first look when I was interviewing, but showing that you took the time to investigate and build out a surface-level understanding of us will make you stand out. We will fill in the gaps but like to hear how you understand our business!
- Why Gartner? Be prepared to discuss what you are looking for in a new role and why Gartner seems aligned as an exciting opportunity for you. Showing your passion and being clear in what drives you in the workplace will help us picture you as a member of our team. Plus, we want to hire people who are as excited about Gartner as we are!
- Bring examples. Bring some examples of the sales that you have worked on and relationships you have made with key decision makers. Our products and sales are unique, but we are confident our world-class training can prepare you for that. What we want to understand is how you approach the sales process, the challenges you have overcome and your strengths in building relationships.
- Ask away! Don’t be afraid to ask questions to the recruiting team or to anyone in your network who might work for us. We want you to be able to fully assess this opportunity to make sure we are the right fit for you!
Are you interested in joining the Gartner team? Explore our available positions here.