Our Pride at Gartner Employee Resource Group
As the world’s leading research and advisory firm, we are proud to attribute our continuous success to the hard work and dedication of our 15,000+ associates from around the globe. As we continue to grow, we understand the importance of fostering an inclusive environment for every member of the Gartner team. Our Pride at Gartner Employee Resource Group (ERG) is working to establish that inclusive and supportive environment across our company.
Pride at Gartner is an associate-driven group composed of members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) and ally communities. Allies — those who do not recognize themselves as LGBTQ but support equality — represent the majority of our members and are always appreciated, as is any Gartner associate. All are welcome at Pride at Gartner!
The Pride at Gartner ERG is devoted to promoting a positive and inclusive work environment for all of our associates worldwide, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. In 2019, Gartner joined hundreds of peer organizations and was once again recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as one of its “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality.” While this distinction is important and shows that the policies and practices we have in place foster a welcoming and equal work environment, there is still more work to do.
Pride at Gartner continues to expand across our organization. We currently have over 450 members in our Arlington, Fort Myers, Chicago, San Francisco, Portland, Sydney and Gurgaon offices. Brian McAlpin, chair of the Pride at Gartner ERG, helps to facilitate activities and support ongoing initiatives throughout the organization, including networking events and team-building activities to further promote our diversity and inclusion efforts.
- We recently launched a Pride at Gartner chapter in our Dallas, TX office.
- Associates in Arlington celebrated National Coming Out Day in October. Pride at Gartner members came together to celebrate individuality and encourage all to truly take “pride” in the uniqueness and beauty of each person.
- Pride at Gartner is working to educate associates on the issues facing LGBTQ employees in the workplace through local programming, networking opportunities and educational sessions. Our aim is to ease the experience for any associate looking to bring their whole and authentic self to the workplace.
- Gartner offices across the globe will hold celebrations and get involved in local community programs throughout the month of June in honor of Pride Month. Associates can wear their rainbow Gartner t-shirts during the month’s Pride activities to show their support of the community.
- Pride at Gartner is launching a new collaborative communication system to empower associates both in Gartner offices and working remotely to engage in friendly dialogue, share stories about their own experiences, participate in local chapter events and promote charitable causes.
In June and beyond, members of Pride at Gartner will come together to celebrate through a myriad of events. Through 2019, we will continue our efforts to grow our core mission: To create and establish an environment where all associates feel comfortable to be themselves and encourage others to bring their whole selves to work.
Are you interested in learning more about our corporate culture, Pride at Gartner and our other ERGs? Click here.