Are you interested in joining the Gartner team in our Fort Myers office? Below, our associates share their top five reasons for making the move to the Sunshine State and what it’s like to now call Florida home.
1. Forever summer: If you are from the Midwest or northern part of the United States, you’re no stranger to bone-chilling temperatures. Once you move to Florida, your winters will change drastically. Outdoor activities are never off-limits — every day is a good day for tennis, swimming, kayaking, or just chilling on a patio with friends. You can even go to the beach in December if you want to. Can’t beat that!
2. Ballin’ on a budget: Wherever you move from, it’s probably safe to say that you pay a state income tax. Florida doesn’t levy a personal income tax, so working here means that you get to hang on to more of your hard-earned money. Surprisingly, many people find that the cost of living in Fort Myers is significantly lower than other places in the world.
3. Calling all animal lovers: SWFL is incredibly pet-friendly. Almost all apartment complexes allow cats and dogs, few have breed restrictions, and you’re allowed to bring your furry friends everywhere. Local malls like Coconut Point and the Miromar Outlets are 100% pet-friendly, and there’s even a dog beach in Bonita Springs!
4. No lonely weekends: One of the scariest things about moving to a new state is feeling like you’ll rarely see your friends from home. However, moving to a popular vacation spot means your friends will be visiting all the time, especially during the winter months. Not to mention, weekend getaways are a breeze when you work 10 minutes from Southwest Florida International Airport.
5. Major growth and opportunities: Gartner is expanding rapidly, and that means that there are endless opportunities for personal and career growth. Whether you’re interested in finance, marketing, research or events, there is something at Gartner for everyone! There are also several employee resource groups that enable you to participate in important initiatives around the community while networking with colleagues from every department.
Search for an available opportunity and join our growing Fort Myers’ team here.