My name is Chiara Busini, and I am a Sales Manager at Gartner. Although my main focus is on the sales market in Italy, I am currently working in our Barcelona office. I have been working with Gartner for just over three years, but my career path is far from typical.
After growing up in Italy, I went to college where I earned my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in architecture. Soon after becoming a mother, I started a hand-crafted jewelry line with unique pieces made from bicycle inner tubes — one of the most interesting jobs I ever had.
How did this lead me to Gartner? It’s all thanks to a friend who was working here and started to chat about the company. She piqued my interest, and while my background and professional experience were not perfectly aligned to the job description, I was highly motivated and possessed a strong will to win — values that are closely aligned to Gartner’s corporate culture.
Since joining the Gartner sales team in September 2015, I have grown both professionally and personally. I’ve had the opportunity to work with and learn from inspiring people throughout my career here — even collaborating with some of our top sales performers from across the globe.
When I first joined Gartner, I was immediately immersed in the collaborative culture of the company, something that quickly drew me in and that I am sure will do the same for you. Here are a few tips I would like to share if you are interested in joining the sales team:
- Be yourself. Show the real you and highlight what will make you a unique contributor.
- Implement feedback. During the interview process and your first days on the job, you will get feedback from different levels of the organization. Make sure you take this in stride and implement advice accordingly. We try to help you develop and grow through every step of the process.
- Treat the interview process as a sales cycle. This is your chance to shine and show the team your sales skills.
- Be prepared. Do your homework in advance to make sure you are fully prepared to do your best.
- Enjoy it. Make the most out of the experience and enjoy it as much as you can.
Are you interested in joining our growing sales team in Barcelona? Search for an available opportunity here.