University: National University of Singapore
Job Title: Area Manager
Office Location: Singapore
Describe your team in 30 words or less: Extremely talented and fun group of individuals who have unrelenting “never say die, never surrender” DNA. The diversity of backgrounds and cultures (6 countries) ensures there is never a dull moment.
Why did you choose Gartner? With the same CEO at the helm for 10 years, Gartner clearly had very stable hands steering the ship with continuity and consistency of vision. Ten consecutive years of double-digit growth was no mere coincidence. With Asia at the epicenter of driving the growth, Gartner was undoubtedly the place to be. But ultimately it was the golden opportunity to work alongside the best brains in the industry and raise my own personal capability and brand that drew me to be part of Gartner.
What was your first role at Gartner? Global Client Director
How long have you worked at Gartner? Two amazing years.
Describe yourself in 3 words: Driven, bold, passionate.
When interviewing a candidate, what are 3 things you look for?
- Creativity — people who always find a way
- Innate drivers — people who draw passion from beyond just themselves and thrive in a team environment
- Confidence — an unrelenting sense of self-belief
Share a success story about your team: We came together as a team 6 months ago. In this time we have achieved the following:
- 1 team for growth globally in Q1
- 1 team for growth in Asia 5 out of the 6 months
- Sold the largest NCVI deal in Singapore in history
- 2 out of the 4 team members have won GVP excellence awards
- 1 promotion in the team
- Best part is…..we are just getting started! As of recently we have a full team of in place, having hired 3 amazing talented people onto the team. Now it gets interesting.
Describe your management style: High integrity and higher personal standards. I am very lucky to have a very talented team. My role is to be their performance coach and my measure of success is to be the person who can make each of them even better than they already are — to make them believe in their true potential and support them in realizing it. The team is all that matters and each of us are its brand ambassadors. We are collectively a part of it and no individual is above it.
What are 3 of the most important responsibilities/tasks of your team?
- Deliver exceptional value to our clients to ensure Gartner becomes an indispensable partner for them
- Enlarge Gartner’s footprint by growing existing relationships and signing up new logos
- Be brand ambassadors for the team and exemplify excellence in everything we do
What advice do you have for members of your team, or someone considering joining your team? Always find purpose in what you do and you will never fail. If you genuinely believe you are making the lives of our clients easier and are always acting in their best interest (as their chief advisors), you will always find success.
Why would a prospective candidate want to join your team? If you truly want to find out your personal limits of excellence and ready to unlock your true potential, this is the team to be part of. The growth potential in Singapore is limitless. All you need to have is a “no-limits” mindset.
If you could describe your team dynamic in one word, what would it be? Unpredictable
Favorite Quote or Personal Mantra: “If you want to make everyone happy, don’t be a leader…sell ice cream!”
If you are interested in joining our team, search for an open job here.