Name: Marta Lenkiewicz
University: Uniwersytet im. Adama Mickiewicza, Poznan, Poland
Business Unit: Business IT Leaders Products & Services, Client Partner Group, Team Solutions
Why do you like working at Gartner?
- Products, Reputation and Prestige
- I am very proud to be working in the best IT Research Company in the world!
- Career Development
- I have been here for 4.5 years and I have been promoted twice. Hard work pays off here. Gartner is a place where you can develop your skills and it won’t go unnoticed.
- Great Managers
- Gartner Managers really guide and support you. I feel like I have been looked after here.
- Amazing People
- I have met some wonderful people here and developed some great friendships. Also, I have been constantly learning from my colleagues – analysts, Leadership and Executive Partners and my teammates.
What advice do you have for someone just starting out in your role?
In order to be successful in this role you need to:
- manage your time well
- like working with people and you need to be able to build great relationships
- be assertive – there are times when internal colleagues will ask you for things you don’t have time for. You need to know how to say ‘no’ politely.
- be a team player. We are all very competitive but at the same time work well as a team, so this is not a place for a ‘lone wolf’.
What part of your job do you enjoy most?
Talking to clients and meeting them face to face, especially during Gartner Events. I love helping people in general and I believe Gartner is helping so many companies out there.
So doing what I love and getting paid for what I love doing was a no-brainer for me! I cannot imagine doing anything else at this stage of my life. I feel extremely satisfied when I know that a piece of research I sent to my clients, a Peer Connection I organized or an analyst call I helped to set up really delivered an amazing value. I am very passionate about my job and I actually cannot wait to be in the office every morning! Not many people can say it, so I consider myself a lucky person.
“Life is like a poker game – it’s not what you’re given, it’s how you use it” – anonymous