BCM and IT DRM managers can improve operational resilience by using innovative backup and recovery offerings for IT services, including big data applications, as well as risk visualization automation to strengthen the crisis management process. Four new Cool Vendors provide these services.
- Big data workloads pose unique data management challenges. The size of the application is often very large and may be hosted in the cloud, making data movement and the ability to make copies of the data more invasive and resource-intensive.
- Despite the significantly increased adoption of cloud-based recovery services, one of its least understood areas is the “all-in” monthly cost that a service subscriber will actually incur.
- A growing end-user requirement for disaster recovery as a service is support for increased workload mobility and rapid workload failover as a facilitator for bimodal IT resilience across a hybrid data-center-based infrastructure.
- Operational risk visualization mechanisms are increasingly proving a useful way to effectively monitor physical security, employee safety, traveler duty of care and business continuity management concerns on a 24/7 basis, and facilitate response and recovery activities during times of crises.
- Investigate emerging data protection players to reduce the data loss exposure that can exist with newer big data applications, as traditional backup products do not currently offer protection.
- Select a cloud-based recovery service provider that prioritizes clearly understood cost-effectiveness, low management complexity and recovery time sustainability.
- Consider both end-to-end IT resilience and Mode 1 production workload onboarding when selecting a cloud-based disaster recovery as a service vendor.
- Include risk visualization as a key component of your organization’s crisis/incident management processes and integrate it into your crisis/incident management automation platform.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Implementing Customer-Centric Merchandising and Marketing in Retail Primer for 2018
Retail CIOs must position the business to leverage algorithms for unified retail commerce supported by a foundation of high-quality customer...
View Relevant Webinars
Building a Business from Analytics and BI: Finding the Hot Spots
In the post-big-data world, a wave of organizations are renewing their efforts to generate value from information. This Gartner webinar...
Category: advisory bcm-process big-data business-continuity data-protection dave-russell disaster-recovery draas gartner it-disaster-recovery-management it-service-continuity-management john-morency risk-visualization roberta-witty situational-awareness technology trends-predictions
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.