I’m Bob Hafner and I head up the Mobile and Endpoint Computing Team at Gartner. Welcome to our blog.
I have been at Gartner for a long time (ISDN was going to be big…) and you are probably wondering why you have not seen me blog before. Previously we had several members of the team blog but I wanted to make a more organized and concerted effort to co-ordinate blogging on behalf of the team. Some individuals will continue their blogs, this blog will be more of a team blog.
The team covers topics like:
- Mobile and endpoint computing strategies
- Bring your own device (BYOD)
- Mobile applications
- Mobile and endpoint technologies
- Mobile and endpoint management
- Office productivity software and client OS
Since this is more of team blog, it probably makes sense to introduce the team, where they are located and their coverage. Mobile and endpoint strategies is a topic that everyone covers, so you can add that to the list for each of them. Of course there are the usual acronyms like MDM/EMM (Mobile Device Management which is evolving to Enterprise Mobility Management), EFSS (Enterprise File Sync and Share), MAM (Mobile Application Management), TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and I’m sure there will be many more to come.
- Van Baker; San Jose, California; Coverage – Mobile Applications Development, Mobile Devices
- Monica Basso; Milan, Italy; Coverage – MDM/EMM, EFSS
- Terry Cosgrove; Boston, Massachusetts; Coverage – MDM/EMM, Client Management, End User Support
- Rich Doheny; Stamford, Connecticut; Coverage – BYOD, Managed Diversity
- Ken Dulaney; San Jose, California; Coverage – Mobile Devices, Mobile Policies/Management, BYOD
- Leslie Fiering; San Jose, California; Coverage – BYOD, Tablet/PC Hardware, Usage and Contract Negotiations
- Bob Hafner; Toronto, Canada; Coverage – BYOD, Managed Diversity
- Nathan Hill; Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK; Coverage – Desktop Virtualization
- Nick Jones; London, UK; Coverage – Mobile Technology Trends, Mobile Applications, Internet of Things
- Steve Kleynhans; Toronto, Canada; Coverage – Tablet/PC Hardware, Usage and Client Operating Systems
- Kevin Knox; Stamford, Connecticut; Coverage – Client Management, End User Support, Client Computing
- Adrian Leow; Sydney, Australia; Coverage – Mobile Applications Development, BYOD
- Mark Margevicius; Cleveland, Ohio; Coverage – Desktop Virtualization
- Richard Marshall; Edinburgh, UK; Coverage – Mobile Applications Development
- Chris Silva; Boston, Massachusetts; Coverage – MDM/EMM, MAM
- Mike Silver; Stamford, Connecticut; Coverage – Client OS, Office Productivity Tools, & Windows/Office/BYOD licensing
- Rob Smith; London, UK; Coverage – MDM/EMM, Mobile Security
- Charles Smulders; San Jose, California; Coverage – BYOD, EFSS
- Bryan Taylor; Dallas, Texas; Coverage – MDM/EMM, BYOD, MAM
- Federica Troni; Rome, Italy; Coverage – Client Computing and TCO
- Leif-Olof Wallin; Goeteborg, Sweden; Coverage – BYOD, MDM/EMM and Machine to Machine (M2M)
- Jason Wong; New York, New York; Coverage – Mobile Applications Development
That’s the intro blog, just so you know who we are. We’ll be back to you regularly with updates of what is going on in mobile and endpoint computing and Gartner’s view on those very hot topics.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.