My first time at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit Brazil has finally come (thanks Augusto)! Here is my traditional blog post summarizing my speaking at this upcoming event (Sao Paolo, Brazil, August 14-15, 2018).
- “State of Security Operations, Monitoring and Analytics 2018” – a broad overview of the entire domain of security, analytics and operations, build by an amazing team of analysts from across different Gartner teams! Now: with a round of “AI” bashing!
- “How to Hunt for Security Threats” – Threat hunting (TH) is still a very hot topic, but very few organizations actually do it. Attend this session to learn the basics of practical hunting and how to start your TH effort (based on this awesome paper)
- “Workshop: Starting a Security Monitoring, Detection and Response Initiative” – “We can’t prevent all threats, but it doesn’t mean people working on security monitoring and operations can’t start detecting and responding. But how do you do it without breaking the bank? How should you start with detection and response? This workshop will go through a structured approach to find out.” (based on this paper and these posts)
- “SIEM Architecture and Operational Process” – “SIEM is a key technology that provides security visibility, but it suffers from challenges with operational deployments. We reveal a guidance framework that offers a structured approach for running and growing an SIEM deployment at a large enterprise or reviving a stalled deployment.”
- “Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management” – well, this is just what it says, SIEM MQ
Augusto is also presenting, wait for his post soon!
P.S. Some of you have noticed that I don’t do Gartner Catalyst anymore. The conference no longer has a security track, so we cannot submit our amazing security operations – focused research there; it does not fit in regular IT tracks. There you have it
My past Gartner speaking:
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2018
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Europe 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit London 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Symposium 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2013
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Three Critical Factors in Building a Comprehensive Security Awareness Program
Three key elements form the foundation of a successful awareness education program: knowledge of audiences, pervasive and continuous...
View Relevant Webinars
Identify the Technology Trends You Need to Track
Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders are tasked with discerning the difference between the reality and the hype...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.