by Anton Chuvakin | April 2, 2018 | Comments Off on Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2018
- “State of Security Operations, Monitoring and Analytics 2018” – a broad overview of the entire domain of security, analytics and operations, build by an amazing team of analysts from across different Gartner teams.
- “How to Hunt for Security Threats” – Threat hunting (TH) is still a very hot topic, but very few organizations actually do it. Attend this session to learn the basics of practical hunting and how to start your TH effort (based on this awesome paper)
- “How to Use the New Threat Simulation Tools” (joint with Augusto) – “Threat simulation tools may be the newest tool in your security toolkit. Join us and learn about the novel security tool category — threat simulation tools, and how to use these to test and improve your security.” (based on our future paper and these posts)
- “Workshop: Starting a Security Monitoring, Detection and Response Initiative” (workshop joint with Augusto) – “We can’t prevent all threats, but it doesn’t mean people working on security monitoring and operations can’t start detecting and responding. But how do you do it without breaking the bank? How should you start with detection and response? This workshop will go through a structured approach to find out” (based on the future paper and these posts) <- this is NOT advanced, but focuses on usable basics.
- “Roundtable: How Did You Start Your Organization’s Detection and Response Capabilities?” (joint with Augusto) – “This roundtable will discuss planning approaches, challenges, pitfalls and the first steps taken in developing threat detection and response capabilities. Participants should bring their experiences on the initial phases of their threat detection and response capabilities.”
My past Gartner speaking:
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Europe 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit London 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Symposium 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2013
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
How to Evaluate Cloud Service Provider Security
Security and risk management leaders continue to experience challenges to efficiently and reliably determine whether cloud service providers...
View Relevant Webinars
The Top 10 Basic Changes Needed for GDPR Compliance
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) hovers over organizations like the sword of Damocles, with fines theoretically at an...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.