Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit Europe / UK 2017 is coming soon and here is my traditional blog post summarizing my speaking at this upcoming event (London, UK, still Europe, September 18-19, 2017).
- “Tutorial: How to Build Your Own Security Analytics Capability” – Select enterprises have embarked on the journey toward building their own security analytics capabilities, sometimes using big data technologies and approaches. This session summarizes some of the lessons and describes the merits of such an undertaking. It also points at open-source tools you can use to simplify that and use as building blocks.
- “Ask the Analyst: Lessons Learned From Security Analytics Adventures” – Many organizations have been venturing beyond SIEM and applying advanced analytics techniques and approaches to security. This Ask the Analyst session is an opportunity for delegates with security analytics initiatives to share their findings ask questions on how to make them effective. Typical questions may include: What are the current use cases? What tools can be used? What skills are required?
- “How to Build and Operate a Modern SOC” – Security operations are a critical component of an effective cybersecurity organization. Organizations pursuing a more mature security practice may decide to centralize all or part of those activities into a security operations center (SOC).
See you in London next week!
My past Gartner speaking:
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit London 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Symposium 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2013
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.