by Anton Chuvakin | July 14, 2017 | Comments Off on Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2017
Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit Australia / APAC 2017 is coming soon and here is my traditional blog post summarizing my speaking at this upcoming event (Sydney, Australia, August 21-22, 2017).
- “How to Deploy and Operationalize User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) Tools” – “UEBA can successfully detect malicious and suspicious activity that otherwise goes unnoticed, but these new detection tools utilize a lot of unfamiliar approaches (data science, nondeterministic methods, machine learning) and thus create their own deployment and operation challenges. This presentation covers the approaches that work with UEBA.” [you can see an early version of this material here]
- ”How to Build and Operate a Modern SOC” – “Security operations are a critical component of an effective cybersecurity organization. Organizations pursuing a more mature security practice may decide to centralize all or part of those activities into a security operations center (SOC).” [you can see an early version of this material here]
- “How to Build Your Own Security Analytics Capability” – “Select enterprises have embarked on the journey toward building their own security analytics capabilities, sometimes using big data technologies and approaches. This presentation summarizes some of the lessons and describes the merits of such an undertaking. It also points at open source tools you can use to simplify that and use as building blocks.”
- “Workshop: Developing, Implementing and Optimizing Security Monitoring Use Cases” – “This workshop will, through peer collaboration, focus on developing, implementing and optimizing security monitoring use cases. The participants will be guided through the Gartner framework to identify and refine their requirements to produce their own security monitoring use cases based on their current challenges and priorities. ”
See you in Sydney!
My past Gartner speaking:
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit 2017
- Speaking at Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit London 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2016
- Speaking at Gartner Security Summit Australia 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2015
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Symposium 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2013
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Top Strategic Predictions for 2019 and Beyond: Practicality Exists Within Instability
Technology-based change is happening continuously, and most organizations struggle to see the change in advance. Continuous change can...
View Relevant Webinars
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.