Our 2nd EDR paper has published: enjoy the “Comparison of Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Technologies and Solutions” [Gartner GTP access required]. The summary states that “Endpoint detection and response tools are an important component of modern security architectures. Existing tools support organizations trying to quickly detect, identify and react to threats on workstations and servers.”
A few fun quotes follow below:
- “EDR is not a replacement for other endpoint security tools; it is often a detection and visibility complement to other tools providing endpoint security capabilities.”
- “Gartner research indicates that the EDR market is growing fast, with nearly thirty vendors [A.C. – probably even more, if you count a bit more liberally] currently offering products related to that category — and more emerging.” In fact, further in the document we say that “many security vendors have expressed interest in developing EDR-type tools.”
- “Endpoint detection and response tools enable an organization to achieve comprehensive endpoint visibility, improve its ability to detect malicious activities and simplify security incident response.”
- “The confusion about endpoint security technologies generates situations where EDR tools are compared with products delivering completely different capabilities, such as EPP suites, isolation, anti-exploitation and containment technologies…”
- “It is natural to expect that big EPP players will enter the EDR market [A.C. – and, as we say further, several have done so already], if not by acquisitions or by developing their own products, by the integration of EDR capabilities into their existing EPP platforms.”
Enjoy the paper! [Gartner GTP access required]
Blog posts related to our current EDR research:
- Our Paper “Endpoint Detection and Response Tool Architecture and Operations Practices” Publishes
- One More Time On EDR Use Cases
- EDR Tool Wins – Only For The Enlightened?
- EDR Mud Fight: Kernel or Userland?
- Using EDR For Remediation?
- EDR Research Commencing: Call To Action!
- Where Does EDR End and “NG AV” Begin?
- Reality Check on EDR / ETDR
- My Paper on Endpoint Tools Publishes (2013)
- Endpoint Threat Detection & Response Deployment Architecture
- Essential Processes Around Endpoint Threat Detection & Response Tools
- Named: Endpoint Threat Detection & Response
- Endpoint Visibility Tool Use Cases
- On Endpoint Sensing
- RSA 2013 and Endpoint Agent Re-Emergence
- All posts tagged endpoint
The Gartner Blog Network provides an opportunity for Gartner analysts to test ideas and move research forward. Because the content posted by Gartner analysts on this site does not undergo our standard editorial review, all comments or opinions expressed hereunder are those of the individual contributors and do not represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management.
Comments are closed
Writers can provide essays for reviewing at http://ijtemt.org/ (International Journal of Trends in Economics, Management & Technology) and receive international recognition with issn and libraries journals.