by Anton Chuvakin | December 29, 2015 | Comments Off on A Quick Update on Our Research
Since some of you are asking, here is what is cooking….
Just done: vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management (finished Nov 2015)
- “How to Implement Enterprise Vulnerability Assessment”
- “A Guidance Framework for Developing and Implementing Vulnerability Management”
- “A Comparison of Vulnerability and Security Configuration Assessment Solutions”
Cooking now: SIEM updates, security monitoring use cases in depth (due Feb 2016)
- A minor update to the fabled “Security Information and Event Management Architecture and Operational Processes”
- Update to “SIEM Technology Assessment and Select Vendor Profiles” (we will rename it!)
- A new document on security monitoring use cases (fun!)
On the menu for Spring 2016: EDR (formerly ETDR) and IR
- Update to “Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Tools and Practices” (the doc that started all that EDR craze!)
- Update to “Security Incident Response in the Age of APT”
- A new document on EDR technology comparison (fun!)
Likely afterwards: threat intelligence and SOC
- An update to our paper on using threat intelligence
- A note on how to build a modern SOC
- Other fun stuff!
There you have it!
P.P.S No long blog posts — a lot of document writing is ongoing ….
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.