I am doing a webinar based on my security analytics research earlier this year (resulting paper [Gartner GTP access required]). This is a great opportunity for those without said access to see some parts of this research.
Webinar title: Demystifying Security Analytics: Data, Methods, Use Cases
Date/time: Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 10AM ET and 1PM ET / 10 AM PT
Description: Many vendors sell “security analytics” tools. Alternatively, some organizations build their own security analytics capabilities using big data technologies and approaches. How do you find the right approach for your organization and benefit from this analytics boom?
- How to evolve beyond your SIEM to gain better insight from the data you have
- How to start a security analytics project
- Which security problems can be solved with big data
See you there!
P.S. Related GTP paper
Related posts about webinars:
- SIEM Webinar Questions – Answered
- Upcoming Webinar: SIEM Architecture and Operational Processes
- Upcoming Gartner Webinar: DLP Architecture and Operational Processes
- DLP Webinar Questions – Answered!
- Upcoming Gartner Webinar: The Future of Security Monitoring and SIEM
- Webinar on Security Monitoring of Public Cloud Assets
Blog posts on the security analytics topic:
- The Future Is Here … And It Is … Network? Endpoint?
- Now That We Have All That Data What Do We Do, Revisited
- Who Validates Alerts Validated by Your Alert Validator Software?
- Killed by AI Much? A Rise of Non-deterministic Security!
- Those Pesky Users: How To Catch Bad Usage of Good Accounts
- Security Analytics Lessons Learned — and Ignored!
- Security Analytics: Projects vs Boxes (Build vs Buy)?
- Do You Want “Security Analytics” Or Do You Just Hate Your SIEM?
- Security Analytics – Finally Emerging For Real?
- Why No Security Analytics Market?
- SIEM Real-time and Historical Analytics Collide?
- SIEM Analytics Histories and Lessons
- Big Data for Security Realities – Case 4: Big But Narrowly Used Data
- Big Data Analytics Mindset – What Is It?
- Big Data Analytics for Security: Having a Goal + Exploring
- More On Big Data Security Analytics Readiness
- Broadening Big Data Definition Leads to Security Idiotics!
- 9 Reasons Why Building A Big Data Security Analytics Tool Is Like Building a Flying Car
- “Big Analytics” for Security: A Harbinger or An Outlier?
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.