After some hiatus, Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) conference – the Catalyst – is coming back to Europe (June 17-18 in London). I am NOT speaking there this time, but several of my teammates are. Here are some of the event highlights:
Main page: www.gartner.com/eu/catalyst
Brief description: this Catalyst event focuses on ‘how to’ advice for attendees to practically implement [and, of course, to secure!] their key initiatives of mobile, cloud and big data/analytics, and how organizations need to understand how these initiatives integrate together.
Agenda: here [PDF]
Select fun security talks:
- To The Point: Insights on Mobile Security: What Works for Mobile Strategy: During a field research project at the end of 2013, Gartner identified important insights from organizations with successful mobile strategies. End user organizations discussed the technology used and how policy was implemented, how business units used apps and how culture impacted mobile security.
- Security and SDN: Implementation Considerations: Software-defined Networking (SDN) is being discussed as the future for data center networking. It impacts not just the network infrastructure equipment and the virtualized network topology, but also how enterprises implement network security controls. In this session, learn how to properly implement security controls within an SDN.
- Private Cloud Security, The Deja Vus, The Surprises and The Pitfalls: In private clouds, new security requirements stem from the cloud paradigm that makes forklifting security from the physical world into the virtual world insufficient. The deployed security measures need to match the new paradigm that involves for example elasticity, portability, self-service and API Keys.
- To the Point: Next Steps in Malware Protection: Traditional malware protection fails to protect against some of the latest threats. New technologies are available for additional malware protection in the network and on endpoints. This talk examines the strengths and weaknesses of the latest technologies in endpoint and network malware protection.
Just for reference, my recent and upcoming Gartner event speaking:
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2014
- Speaking at Gartner Symposium 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Catalyst Conference 2013
- Speaking at Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit 2013
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.