Here is a fun survey: how many security incidents have your organization had in a year?
Note something peculiar: I am purposefully NOT defining what IS an incident for you – this is strictly a survey of YOUR PERCEPTIONS. You can look at this post for some possible definitions.
Posts related to the same research project:
- Security Incidents vs “IT Problems”
- Top-shelf Incident Response vs Barely There Incident Response
- On SANS Forensics Survey
- Incident Plan vs Incident Planning?
- On Importance of Incident Response
- Is That An Incident In Your Pocket – Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
- Time-tested Incident Response Wisdom?
- Incident Response: The Death of a Straight Line
- Alert-driven vs Exploration-driven Security Analysis
- My Next Research Area: Incident Response
- All posts tagged security incident response
The Gartner Blog Network provides an opportunity for Gartner analysts to test ideas and move research forward. Because the content posted by Gartner analysts on this site does not undergo our standard editorial review, all comments or opinions expressed hereunder are those of the individual contributors and do not represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management.