by Anton Chuvakin | August 2, 2012 | Comments Off on One Year at Gartner!
Believe it or not, but I’ve been at Gartner for a year. One whole year! I don’t feel like diving into deep reflections and long contemplations about it, but I wanted to share how it was. During this year, I …
- learned a lot, and expanded my security knowledge into new areas such as denial of service defense
- found out that being an analyst is a lot of fun
- realized that there are many levels of writing excellence beyond the level that I thought I have …
- interacted with a lot of smart people both within and outside Gartner
- helped dozens of Gartner clients – both security vendors and large enterprises – with their security challenges, some simple and some pretty esoteric
- discovered that a lot of companies are not where our industry pundits and "thought leaders" say they are (“what is more common today at large organizations, cloud or Windows 2000?” )
That’s about it – I am really looking forward to my second year!
P.S. we are still hiring – please see this for details.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.