Back in April I blogged about Re-engineering the Decision – Our Storyline for Data and Analytics that shared some of the insight into our main focus for data and analytics going forward. Re-engineering the decision is the aspirational focus for which effective, outcome-driven D&A will help business and executive leaders re-engineer their decision-making capabilities. Re-engineering the decision effectively helps executive leaders make their decision-making capabilities a competitive differentiator, again.
I wanted to provide an update. Our Marketing team has been busy bumping up the pressure on the topic with a steady stream of decision-making information assets. Here are a couple of them.
- Map Your Way to More Efficient Growth Investments
- Why Do Executives Move Forward With Strategic Initiatives Even When They See Pitfalls Ahead?
- How Machine Customers Will Impact Future Decision-Making
You can access the whole set of assets here.
Additionally, our own research has been moving forward and we have made inroads into exploiting and connecting more strongly with (business) applications and software engineering. This is not an IT or technical connection per se; more and more business roles in marketing, sales, HR, finance, supply chain, etc. embed various degrees of D&A, application and SWE capability. The valuable distinction here is not “business and IT” but “data and analytics, AI and apps wherever it exists”.
Here are some of the additional research assets:
- Top Trends in Data and Analytics for 2021: Engineering Decision Intelligence
- Improve Critical Business Outcomes With Real-Time Data-Driven Insights
- Should Your Project Use a Decision Management Suite?
- 2 Steps to Improve Business Decisions Using Data and Analytics
Composability is part of the “how” decisions can be re-engineered at speed:
- Top Trends in Data and Analytics for 2021: Composable Data and Analytics
- Strategic Architecture Roadmap for Composable Enterprise Applications (Presentation)
- Composable Analytics Shapes the Future of Analytics Applications
Data Fabric sits at the heart of D&A and the emerging composable platform:
- Infographic: An Intelligent Composable Business Demands a Data Fabric
- Top Trends in Data and Analytics for 2021: Data Fabric Is the Foundation
For the Chief Data Officer we also have a Leadership Vision deck that operates as a desk-reference for the year ahead. This one was published in Q3 last year for 2021 (in case you missed it) and this provides a view for how data, analytics and AI all help with re-engineering the decision. There is a recorded webinar too in case you prefer that format.
Keep an eye on the topic of decision making. It’s all starting to change…again…for the better. More research is coming on decision modeling; how to organize for effective delivery (XOps), how to value decisions; how to measure the impact of decisions; and how to connect decisions and their dependencies together across value streams.