by Andrew White | August 7, 2020 | Comments Off on Data and Analytics Hype Cycles for 2020 Just Published!
Here is a reference to the range and breadth of data and analytics hype in the market. Start by understanding how to use and read a hype cycle. Enjoy!
- Hype Cycle for Enterprise Information Management, 2020 Hype around data and analytics continues at fever pitch, driven in part by increased demands related to COVID-19. Yet organizations struggle to deliver business value from D&A investments. EIM can help data and analytics leaders align people, process, data and technology with enterprise value.
- Hype Cycle for Analytics and Business Intelligence, 2020 This Hype Cycle will help data and analytics leaders evaluate the maturity of innovations across the analytics and BI sector. Key trends include human augmentation, consumerization of analytics and BI platforms, and a focus on enabling organizations to make appropriate use of data and analytics.
- Hype Cycle for Customer Experience Analytics, 2020 Customer experience has been transformed by the explosion of channels and digital interactions, and the volume and connections of diverse data types. This Hype Cycle will help data and analytics leaders prioritize investments based on the maturity of the technologies and their potential benefits.
- Hype Cycle for Data and Analytics Governance and Master Data Management, 2020 Data and analytics leaders can use this Hype Cycle to understand the latest trends and innovations driving data and analytics governance and MDM. Selecting the right decision and trust frameworks at the right time is key to realizing business value from information assets.
- Hype Cycle for Data Management, 2020 This Hype Cycle will help data and analytics leaders interested in data management solutions to understand the evolutionary pace of maturing and emerging data management technologies. Most technologies have passed the Peak of Inflated Expectations, while many are approaching or are on the plateau.
- Hype Cycle for Data Science and Machine Learning, 2020 Organizations are industrializing their DSML initiatives through increased automation and improved access to ML artifacts, and by accelerating the journey from proof of concept to production. Data and analytics leaders should use this report to understand key trends and innovations.
- Hype Cycle for Artificial Intelligence, 2020 Enterprises are making tangible progress with AI initiatives, but also many mistakes. As AI grows more widespread and new solutions emerge, organizations are realizing AI’s increased value, but also facing new challenges. This report will help you assess AI-specific maturity and adoption.
- Hype Cycle for Natural Language Technologies, 2020 Recent advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning have enabled innovative approaches and advances in the field of natural language technologies. This report will assist CIOs and other enterprise leaders in assessing how and where these new opportunities and methods can best be applied.
- Hype Cycle for Data Security, 2020 Organizations face huge challenges recovering from the impacts of the 2020 global crisis, new work-from-home strategies, and the faster adoption of hybrid and multicloud services. A data security strategy must address increasing risks associated with data residency, privacy and malicious activities.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.