by Andrew White | March 3, 2019 | Comments Off on 10 Reasons Why You Need to Improve your Data Literacy
Ten reasons why you need to increase your data literacy, or why you should engage with Gartner/and attend a Gartner Data and Analytics Conference:
Do you “see” your organization in any of these:
- We don’t need to leverage more data to make smarter decisions.
- Our analytics strategy is centered on delivering the best dashboards for our business users.
- Data and application silos do not slow us down and they make it easier to achieve our mission critical priorities
- We trust our data perfectly and have no issues whatsoever with data risk, data security, data privacy, data retention, or data availability
- We (IT) measure our effectiveness on the number of reports we publish to the business
- We budget every year for IT innovation and know that spending on new tools drives our success
- The IT vendors we work with have our primary business interests at heart when they proffer new solutions; as such we don’t need our own architecture
- We have an effective architecture office that sits “outside” of our business operations
- AI is the answer to most of our challenges so we just need to spend more
- We measure rigorously and easily the value and return of every data and analytics investment and this guides our future investments
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.