Predicts 2019: Data and Analytics Strategy
- By 2022, 90% of corporate strategies will explicitly mention information as a critical enterprise asset and analytics as an essential competency.
- By 2023, data literacy will become an explicit and necessary driver of business value, demonstrated by its formal inclusion in over 80% of data and analytics strategies and change management programs.
- By 2022, 30% of CDOs will partner with their CFO to formally value the organization’s information assets for improved information management and benefits.
- By 2023, 60% of organizations with more than 20 data scientists will require a professional code of conduct incorporating ethical use of data and AI.
- By 2022, more than half of major new business systems will incorporate continuous intelligence that uses real-time context data to improve decisions.
Predicts 2019: Analytics and BI Solutions
Through 2020, 80% of AI projects will remain alchemy, run by wizards whose talents will not scale in the organization.
Through 2022, only 20% of analytic insights will deliver business outcomes.
By 2021, proof-of-concept analytic projects using quantum computing infrastructure will have outperformed traditional analytic approaches in multiple domains by at least a factor of 10
Predicts 2019: Digital Ethics, Policy and Governance Are Key to Success With Artificial Intelligence
By 2021, legislation will require that 100% of conversational assistant applications, which use speech or text, identify themselves as being nonhuman entities.
By 2022, 30% of consumers in mature markets will rely on artificial intelligence (AI) to decide what they eat, what they wear or where they live.
By 2022, 30% of organizations will use explainable AI models to build trust with business stakeholders, up from almost no usage today.
By 2023, a Fortune 1000 antitrust case will hinge on whether tacit cooperation among autonomous AI agents in competitive markets constitutes collusion.
By 2023, over 75% of large organizations will hire AI behavior forensic, privacy and customer trust specialists to reduce brand and reputation risk.
Predicts 2019: Data Management Solutions
- By 2022, 50% of cloud buying decisions will be based on the data assets provided by cloud service providers rather than on the product capabilities.
- By 2023, AI-enabled automation in data management will reduce the need for IT specialists by 20%.
- By 2023, 75% of all databases will be on a cloud platform, reducing the DBMS vendor landscape and increasing complexity for data governance and integration.
- By 2022, organizations utilizing active metadata to dynamically connect, optimize and automate data integration processes will reduce time to data delivery by 30%.
- By 2021, enterprises using a cohesive strategy incorporating data hubs, lakes and warehouses will support 30% more use cases than competitors.
Predicts 2019: Artificial Intelligence Core Technologies
- Through 2023, computational resources used in AI will increase 5x from 2018, making AI the top category of workloads driving infrastructure decisions.
- Through 2022, only 15% of use cases leveraging AI techniques (such as ML and DNNs) and involving edge and IoT environments will be successful.
- Through 2022, over 75% of organizations will use DNNs for use cases that could be addressed using classical ML techniques.
- By 2023, 70% of AI workloads will use application containers or be built using a serverless programming model necessitating a DevOps culture.
- By 2023, 40% of I&O teams will use AI-augmented automation in large enterprises, resulting in higher IT productivity with greater agility and scalability.
The Gartner Blog Network provides an opportunity for Gartner analysts to test ideas and move research forward. Because the content posted by Gartner analysts on this site does not undergo our standard editorial review, all comments or opinions expressed hereunder are those of the individual contributors and do not represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management.
Comments are closed