by Andrew White | July 26, 2018 | Comments Off on Special Report Helps Prepare You for Increased Business Value from AI
If you have read my blog in the last year or so you would have noticed a couple of themes on which I have mused:
- In general, any technology only adds increased productivity or repeatable business value for wide swathes of an industry (Productivity Limits and the Impact of Innovation – How to Beat Amazon) once the right:
- Technology has evolved (spanning general purpose technology and adapted special purpose solutions)
- Organizational and/or business models have developed
- Workforce skills have matured
- AI won’t yield such sizable benefits for quite some time: 2018 Won’t See a Massive Productivity Boost From AI – 2019 Might Show It
The point is that any technology, AI is little different, won’t provide benefits simply by cutting a check and selecting a tool. There is tons of research that, if you read enough of it, distills down success to technology and solutions, organizational models and skills – that’s it. What puts AI into a specific class is that AI as a technology is a general purpose technology – it needs application to specific problems or opportunities.
So it is exciting to read this new special report led by my colleague Gareth Herschel: Don’t Let Artificial Intelligence’s Immaturity Stop You Exploiting Its Potential: A Gartner Trend Insight Report. This is a great set of research organized around the themes outlined above that need to be consciously organized by firms looking to exploit AI. Enjoy!
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.