by Andrew White | November 28, 2017 | Comments Off on Insight into my Upcoming Research
As we gently trip into the holiday season (for a great many of our client’s) I thought I would share with you some of my upcoming plans in terms of research publication. Gartner shares data regarding some pretty important or branded research. This is not that. This is just a peak behind the curtain to see what I have cooking. Hopefully some of this is of interest to you!
- About to publish a note that captures the message and story embedded in my recent presentation at Symposium in Latin America, USA, Spain and Australia titled, “Putting Data and Analytics at the Heart of Digital Business”.
Planned Research (good chance something like this will get published in the next year or so):
- Research Notes:
- Best Practices for Information Governance Role Descriptions and Organizational models. Updates to role, scope and job spec and org models for information governance, information stewards etc.
- Toolkit: Data and Analytics Cookbook. A recipe for producing the deliverable that comes out of developing the strategy – the road map. Update of an original.
- Leverage Gartner’s Value Pyramid to link data to outcome. Just like it says. Update of an original.
- How to leverage Gartner’s new Data and Analytics ITScore and various supporting maturity models such as for Analytics/BI, Master Data Management, Data Quality, and Integration. I am also working on updates to the new ITScore so that it applies advise more precisely aligned to the kind of initiative evaluated. This should happen in Q1.
- Research Presentations (for summits):
- What Went Wrong with Master Data Management? And what is all this about Application Data Management?
- Adopt a Data Hub Strategy (an emerging best practice to connect MDM, App data mgt, logical data warehouse, 360 degree view hubs, and more).
- Linking Data to Outcome. A hands-on “how to” kind of deck.
- Creating and Sustaining a Business Relevant data and analytics strategy.
Ideas being worked on (not sure how or when this will get published but here’s to hope):
- “Must have organizational models for data and analytics”. A note set to accompany our previously published, Must Have Roles for Data and Analytics note set of last year.
- “Ever Business Leaders is a Data and Analytics Leader”. An intriguing position I took in a recent blog maybe getting some support. This may help solidify the position and understanding of what it is to be a chief data officer.
- Focused on Oracle? “Overview of Markets in which Gartner evaluates Oracle”.
If I get half this published next year it will be a great and busy year. Do you have any ideas on what I could be working on? Let me know.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.