The most important things in life are often quite simple, and this certainly applies to networking… So, here are nine network one-liners (slogans perhaps) for a total of less than 70 words… should take only 25 seconds to read, but a lifetime to perfect…
- Luck is the residue of design (Branch Rickey)
- Don’t outsource network design
- Complexity is the enemy of availability (and security).
- What’s tactically right may be strategically wrong.
- Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.
- “That’s the way we’ve always done it” is a really bad answer…
- Your network vendor is not a strategic partner
- Never confuse “less bad” with good.
- No matter how beautiful the strategy, we should occasionally check the results (Winston Churchill)
PS – Feel free to share yours…
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Top Strategic Predictions for 2018 and Beyond: Pace Yourself, for Sanity's Sake
Technology-based innovation arrives faster than most organizations can keep up with. Before one innovation is implemented, two others...
View Relevant Webinars
Channel Trends 2017: Three Activities to Focus on
Widespread digital transformation and shifting buyer expectations are placing demands on technology provider channel leaders to enhance...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.