The most important things in life are often quite simple, and this certainly applies to networking… So, here are nine network one-liners (slogans perhaps) for a total of less than 70 words… should take only 25 seconds to read, but a lifetime to perfect…
- Luck is the residue of design (Branch Rickey)
- Don’t outsource network design
- Complexity is the enemy of availability (and security).
- What’s tactically right may be strategically wrong.
- Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.
- “That’s the way we’ve always done it” is a really bad answer…
- Your network vendor is not a strategic partner
- Never confuse “less bad” with good.
- No matter how beautiful the strategy, we should occasionally check the results (Winston Churchill)
PS – Feel free to share yours…