The most important things in life are often quite simple, and this certainly applies to networking… So, here are nine network one-liners (slogans perhaps) for a total of less than 70 words… should take only 25 seconds to read, but a lifetime to perfect…
- Luck is the residue of design (Branch Rickey)
- Don’t outsource network design
- Complexity is the enemy of availability (and security).
- What’s tactically right may be strategically wrong.
- Just because we can doesn’t mean we should.
- “That’s the way we’ve always done it” is a really bad answer…
- Your network vendor is not a strategic partner
- Never confuse “less bad” with good.
- No matter how beautiful the strategy, we should occasionally check the results (Winston Churchill)
PS – Feel free to share yours…
The Gartner Blog Network provides an opportunity for Gartner analysts to test ideas and move research forward. Because the content posted by Gartner analysts on this site does not undergo our standard editorial review, all comments or opinions expressed hereunder are those of the individual contributors and do not represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management.