by Andrea Di Maio | November 6, 2011 | Comments Off on Government Content at the Gartner European Symposium, Barcelona, 7-10 November
There will be plenty of government specific content at the Barcelona Symposium, which starts on Monday November 7th.
Most of the sessions take place on Monday, but there will be some repeats during the week, and you are welcome to say hello and book a 1on1 meeting with Massimiliano Claps or myself if you are a registered attendee (we are almost fully booked, but you can still pop by the 1on1 desk in case there is any cancellation).
Here are the government sessions for tomorrow:
- Exploiting Social Media Across and Within the Public Sector – a session for executive clients only where we’ll discus about how government organizations can use social media as a corporate as well as an employee tool
- Roundtable: Government IT Sourcing: Shared Services, Cloud and Beyond (repeat on Thursday) – looking at how governments should best source their IT services, with multiple options often competing against each other
- Smart Government: Beyond Cities and Planets – This is our main session where we’ll take you through how affordable technology can help making government financially sustainable
- Net IT Out: Cloud Computing in Government — Debunking the Hype and Getting the Most Out of It – a 20 mins only session where you can ask rapid fire questions about what’s true and what’s not with government clouds
- Net IT Out: Public/Private Partnerships — Do’s and Don’t’s – on how to get PPPs right
- Roundtable: The Business of Government Gets Social (repeat on Wednesday)– also on social media, for an IT leader audience
- Roundtable: The Expanding Government Application Modernization Toolset – looking at how application strategies as well as development methods are changing and will impact government legacy modernization.
If you can’t join, follow tweets on #GartnerSym.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.