Today Gartner published a press release about a research note I wrote a few weeks ago: “From Modernization to Survival: Radical Cost Reduction in Government“(full note available here for Gartner clients).
The note looks at four areas for possible cost reduction, and identifies various initiatives in each of those areas:
Sourcing and Procurement
- Use public cloud services.
- Use community source and the cloud as alternatives to incumbent vendors.
- Pursue crowdsourcing.
Project and Portfolio Management
- Cancel high-risk, high-profile programs.
- Enforce rigorous yet lightweight portfolio management.
Joined-Up and Open Government
- Link interoperability frameworks to immediate benefits.
- Shut down channels (including e-channels).
- Open government: do not engage unless it’s for a reason.
- Aggressively implement teleworking.
- Task and reward employees for cost-saving innovation.
View Free, Relevant Gartner Research
Gartner's research helps you cut through the complexity and deliver the knowledge you need to make the right decisions quickly, and with confidence.Read Free Gartner Research
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.