Business application managers have a long-term responsibility to protect their company from potential SaaS delivery problems. I recommend 10 best practices to avoid common mistakes that can lead to SaaS delivery issues. In the recently published research report Ten Ways to Avoid SaaS Delivery Problems and Protect Your Organization I layout the specfic best practices with links to other Gartner research that provides more detail on each best practice.
The report recommends to:
- Ensure proper treatment of intellectual property in the cloud.
- Estimate total costs over five years.
- Evaluate integration scenarios.
- Assess scale and performance.
- Model and track consumption patterns.
- Have a disaster recovery plan.
- Gain appropriate service-level assurances.
- Ensure provider security processes meet organizational standards.
- Develop an adequate exit strategy.
- Prepare for multiple SaaS releases per year.
Read Complimentary Relevant Research
Cloud Computing Primer for 2017
Cloud has evolved from a disruption to an expected approach to traditional as well as next-generation IT. Our research helps IT leaders,...
View Relevant Webinars
La Strategia SAP: tra In-memory e Cloud Computing
SAP, uno dei più importanti fornitore di software per le organizzazioni italiane, sta attraversando un processo di trasformazione strategica...
Comments or opinions expressed on this blog are those of the individual contributors only, and do not necessarily represent the views of Gartner, Inc. or its management. Readers may copy and redistribute blog postings on other blogs, or otherwise for private, non-commercial or journalistic purposes, with attribution to Gartner. This content may not be used for any other purposes in any other formats or media. The content on this blog is provided on an "as-is" basis. Gartner shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the content or use of this blog.